Hey everyone,

my gf's period's running a week late now... And we're both getting seriously frazzled here!

We're living in different cities. The last two weekends that we saw each other were 4 weeks apart.. First weekend of october, she started her period the very day we saw each other.. We made lover several times over the weekend, and did use condoms (she hasn't been on the pill since may).

The last time we saw each other was 4 weeks later.. Last weekend in fact, I saw her the day her period was supposed to start... We made love over the weekend, again, using condoms.

We haven't had any problems with the condoms btw.. That we know off at least.

I'm thinking these were pretty low risk times for her to get preganant anyway...And she's been under crazy stress for months now, beyond pregnancy fears. So i'm thinking that chances are we're fine...

But she's never had a late period, even when stressed before (though she's spontaneously lactated, had back pain, heaches and other physical symptoms of stress before).

Any thoughts? What are our chances here?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi tymewarp,

in my opinion, her chances of becoming pregnant are incredibly low. Firstly you did the responsible thing and used condoms which to your knowledge there were no problems with, and secondly you were having intercourse at the time of the month where the chances of her being fertile were very low. Stress will delay a period, it is a well known fact. Even worrying about her period not coming is enough to delay it. If she can try to relax a bit, i'm sure her period will come down soon, but it is not unusual to be a week late when stressed. She could always take a test to put her mind at ease.

Good luck

suzy
|

replied November 10th, 2003
Experienced User
While her chances of being pregnant are low, there is still a chance. Condoms are not 100% effective. I would take a test and make sure.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....