:roll:
i was wondering if anyone on here takes wellbutrin. I take 200mg in the morning. Is this a medication often used for bipolar? My mom is on this too and she is bipolar. They haven't told me I am but I think I am, and so do a lot of other people.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 11th, 2005
I take it.
|

replied May 26th, 2005
I've taken wellbutrin for nearly 10 years for depression. It is the only anti-depressant that has ever worked for me. My husband has recently been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. His shrink just put him on it a couple days ago. I am hoping that it will help him as much as it has helped me. Good luck with it.
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Re: Wellbutrin (medication)
jflo2006 wrote:
:roll:
i was wondering if anyone on here takes wellbutrin. I take 200mg in the morning. Is this a medication often used for bipolar? My mom is on this too and she is bipolar. They haven't told me I am but I think I am, and so do a lot of other people.

i just started 150mg in combination with 40mg of geodon a week ago. You should never be put on an antidepressant alone if you are bipolar. If your doctor did that, you need to get a second opinion. Being on an antidepressant can swing you into manic episodes. You're only treating half of the problem with an antidepressant. Hope this helps....I've been diagnosed for 2 1/2 years and was only medicated for a year of that due to getting pregnant and nursing. Just starting meds again....
|

replied November 18th, 2005
Re: Wellbutrin
I was put on wellbutrin as the dr said I was depressed (i didnt think so, I thought was mercury toxicity due to 9 fillings) ...It made me jacked up so dr put me on sleeping pills. I researched before taking them, then found out I had never been tested for mercury levels. Two drs led me to believe they tested and said I was fine. Finally had 3rd dr actually test and was 8x more than upper level of mercury. Had all my silver fillings out and have been fatigue free for over a year starting with the very next day! Joint stiffness has left also, but took about 2 months.

Dont know if mercury is major problem for bipolar, but anyone with depression and/or fatigue should be checked if have more than 3 fillings. It sure saved me a lot of pain and problems.!

Oh and if have lots of fillings, avoid anything aluminum. I got a new pressure cooker while still had fillings and was miserable for 2 months until I quit using it (was new so used about 3 times a week) elevated levels of mercury plus aluminum can be fatal I read later.
|

replied December 5th, 2005
My mom took it and she was diagnosed for bipolar, but she took it for depression too
|

replied December 15th, 2005
Experienced User
It worked for me when I was a lot younger(10-12 years old) i'm now 23 and it doesn't work for me it gave me leg craps that I couldn't take. It was like I was geing shocked or had very bad arthristis(sp?).
|

replied December 17th, 2005
No, I just take an anitipsychotic which also works as a mood stabilizer called risperdal. I used to take an antiepressant alone before they found out I was bipolar and it made me worse, so they had to take me off it. Now they are being extra careful what medication they give me.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...