All,

i've used adderall three times already with an interval of at least a week between each time. I got it from a friend when I needed to write some long documents at work and just couldn't pull myself together to do it. With drug's help I was able to concentrate and get it done very well. The third time I took it just for recreational purposes and I had a very good time, but now i'm worried a bit since I clearly want to continue doing this from time to time. I have promised myself never to take more often than once a week.

I think at this point i'm not addicted yet and this interest in the drug is manageable and I can stop taking it forever if I decided to. But I have been thinking about it and I come to realize that there's a clear danger. When the drug wears off it's a little unpleasant and I have small impulses to take another pill, but so far it's very easy to convince myself that I should just let it go and forget about getting another dose. Once it wears off completely i'm somewhat tired but it's definitely not a depression and it's acceptable condition for me.

My question is - if a user takes a once in a while with the intervals of at least a week and never prolongs the effect - can it lead to serious addiction? Did anyone have experience with this type of usage pattern that lead to serious problems?

I want to keep the option of adderall in case I need conentration at work and to have fun sometimes too but i'm not sure if it's even possible.

Reading the adderall testimonials on this forum have made me seriously think about consequences.

Thank you in advance for the advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nycfella
|
Users who thank nycfella for this post: MuddyWater 

replied May 7th, 2005
Re
Hi there,

i just answered a post relating your drug query.
Not sure what this is,

is it like lsd or amphetamine (speed)?

If so give it up now!

I took them for 6 years as a teenager going to raves and partys etc, but long term effects are I still get "trips" even today and now i'm 32.

It messes up your head big time!

For alertness try something less potent like "proplus"?
These are great for keeping you alert and stable but safe!!

Kels x
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Re: Re
Adderall is a form of amphetamine. In my case the effects are the very noticeable increase in energy, ability to concentrate on work and productively function for few straight hours without diverting attention, general good mood sometimes reaching to the level comparable to coke euphoria but not exactly that (much milder). I also become very sociable - can discuss anything with various people easily, can strike a meaningful conversation with a complete stranger which is not what I normally can do. I've never done speed, but I occasionally used cocaine and mdma in the past and I have never had any problems with them - last time I used something like that was more than a year ago and I have absolutely no desire to use any of it.

Adderall is a different story - it's has very positive effect on me so far and I have noticed no negative sides of it. The withdrawal symptoms are very easy compared to the street stuff. But I know it's quite a dangerous thing and my research showed that there's a huge risk of addiciton with it.

My decision for now is to stop using it completely and see if I have some urges and cravings which would be a definite signal for me to forget it and live the rest of my life without it. If long term withdrawing has no effects on me, i'll probably keep it as an option.

I'd be very glad to hear from someone who had such infrequent usage pattern of this drug and what came out of it. Some people are prescribed it after all and use it for many years at the direction of the healthcare professionals. Maybe there is a safe way to benefit from it, I don't know...
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Hey,

hopefully this will be of some benefit to you and/or others. I have used adderall, in the 10mg tablet form, to help me concentrate while doing school work. This seemed to help me tremendously in concentrating, as well as made me more sociable. I was introduced to this drug about a year or so ago. Using no more than 15mg a day I had no symptoms of addiction what so ever. Even after stopping use for more than a month straight. Although I did not experience these symptoms it is a possibility that others will. This drug allowed me to concentrate for a few hours, without becoming distracted, it also elightens the mood. I think the risks of addiction addiction are higher if a person exceeds the daily ammount of amphetamine that should be taken in (~40mg) for a long period of time, to get a strong "high". From experience with this drug I dont think you have anything to worry about, taking it as you described.
|

replied June 18th, 2005
Bleh:p>>roach!
I used to sniff my adderal constantly. I used it everyday started out one pill or half..Sniffing was new to me. But as I grew to like it and explore my limits with it ..It wasnt just for concentrating in skewl nemore. And not just one pill or two usually like 3-6. I wud get sweats and mood swings when I didnt have any. I really scared myself as well as my boyfriend who became very worried about me(he was into sniffing but he did um anxiety pills). I never realized how addictive it cud be. I loved the feeling. One day I was at skewl but I spent the day in the bathroom because not onlee did I sniff them but I took some to. It made me really sik. And then I felt sik wen I didnt have it. It was kind of weird. Id have a kind of ...Anxiety attack you know. It was very fun in the beginning and it starts off so frigin harmless. You have to be really carefull. My boyfriend quit sniffing in order to help me quit. I generally have but I styll will get the occasional urges. And sumtymz I act on them but it really changes u.
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Adderall is like a double edged 60" gensu quality katana that never needs sharpneing and if not used properly will make you kill yourself.
|
Users who thank DivineIntervention for this post: phishfood 

replied July 15th, 2005
I would concult a dr
|

replied July 15th, 2005
If you have an addictive personality then adderall is definantly not something you should be taking. Although i'm not sure if people with addictive personalities know they have them... They are easy to spot though. So um.. Ya. Only you or your friends would know this a doctor wouldn't able to tell.
|

replied October 2nd, 2005
Re: Re - Please Be Careful
nycfella wrote:
adderall is a form of amphetamine. In my case the effects are the very noticeable increase in energy, ability to concentrate on work and productively function for few straight hours without diverting attention, general good mood sometimes reaching to the level comparable to coke euphoria but not exactly that (much milder). I also become very sociable - can discuss anything with various people easily, can strike a meaningful conversation with a complete stranger which is not what I normally can do. I've never done speed, but I occasionally used cocaine and mdma in the past and I have never had any problems with them - last time I used something like that was more than a year ago and I have absolutely no desire to use any of it.

Adderall is a different story - it's has very positive effect on me so far and I have noticed no negative sides of it. The withdrawal symptoms are very easy compared to the street stuff. But I know it's quite a dangerous thing and my research showed that there's a huge risk of addiciton with it.

My decision for now is to stop using it completely and see if I have some urges and cravings which would be a definite signal for me to forget it and live the rest of my life without it. If long term withdrawing has no effects on me, i'll probably keep it as an option.

I'd be very glad to hear from someone who had such infrequent usage pattern of this drug and what came out of it. Some people are prescribed it after all and use it for many years at the direction of the healthcare professionals. Maybe there is a safe way to benefit from it, I don't know...

to all of you out there that question if it is okay to take adderall (addy as we call it)recreational, occasionally, etc. I am not a holy-roller judgemental type. I do not jump on the reform wagon and try to control people's lives. This, like all amphetamines, is a dangerous toy to play with. My husband, who has add, has been on it for almost 4 years. Before he took the adderall he took cylert and before that ridalin. They all three have ended badly. The typical regular use in the beginning, then gradual over use and then finally complete abuse. Even if you do not have an addicitve personality, it is very hard to stop.

He and I have been the best of friends for 9 years. We have had the ideal relationship and as near of a perfect marriage as anyone can be blessed with. Things are completely terrible now. I know everyone has there personal issues, but the adderall makes things so bad. It makes those who take it so mean and positively nasty. You do not know how differently each person will react to it. By nature he is such a gentle and warm person. Now, he has absolutely nothing to do with me, his family and all of his friends - well, except for the two that do not know him and will do drugs with him.

Now that I understand what is going on, I realize that within a 12-18month period, he has had access to almost 4 times as much adderall as he began with. This is all being perscribed to him! Within a 2-3 weeks period, he has started to do cocaine "to have fun and relax". Translated he needs something harder to get his kicks. He has written our marriage off in an e-mail right after a cocaine binge, left town and disappears for days. He travels for his new job of 3 months. So it is this travel that we (the family and friends, doctors, etc.) realize has given him the opportunity to run with this addiction and find his new exciting life where he may abuse this without being noticed.

My point is you have no self-observing skills when you are hooked. You could possibly not be able to tell for a very long time. I live with him and I am very close to him and I had no idea for many months.

Please, if you are asking an opinion, please do not take this. It may be a quick fix, but it is just too risky. At this point, his oldest friends are planning an intervention. They are doing this because his family and I cannot get him to listen. What is sad is he used to value our thoughts so much and listen only to us. This morning, I am researching each of the facilities we have available for him to enroll as soon as the intervention is over...Assuming he will be receptive. Otherwise, it will inevitably end in divorce and our lives will never be the same. I miss him and this is unbearable. Being a loved one watching your partner do this to themselves is absolutely unbearable.

I wish you all the happiness in the world. If you use this drug, it is just like using harder things. Lastly, I must admit to you that personally I have taken his pills in the past. I also experimented with the cocaine & crystal with him. It is the same thing only a cleaner and less severe come down. I think that is one of the things that makes it even more dangerous. It does not have a social stigma around it, therefore people think it is "safe". I myself only did it occasionally. I speak from my own experience. Please do not take it. It is self-destructive and it can make your life spiral out of control. Thank you for reading my take on this. I would love to hear from anyone who can give me their perspective. Blessed be!
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Very well put heguileor. The aspect in which you just analyzed adderall is very accurate. To reiterate a on what you were saying and add my several cents I give you this bit of information. Just keep everything in perspective if you choose to take this... Adderall can break the strongest of individuals.

Here are some key things that are kind of deceptive and very hard to pick up on for alot of people I am finding..

Adderall does increase your focus, however the more you take and or the longer you take adderall it begins to produce adverse effects in a sense.. You still have great focus but you can be easily sidetracked into concentrating on something totally different usually of a much lower priority of the task you set about in the first place.

Adderall desensities you to alot of things. While to the user this is no problem and if they are by themselves or around other users it presents no problem. But for family and others this can create tension.

* believe it or not adderall can desensitize impulses/cravings. Of course food is one of them.. But even cigerettes and alcohol. I know of quite a few people who have quit smoking after taking adderall and even continued not to smoke after they discontinued taking adderall. It also can make people oversmoke and drink alot more. I would go into detail about why I think these occur but I have a hard time relaying this type of information in understandable terms.

The part about losing self-observation is a derivative of the desensitation. The greater sense of confidence ultimately leaves you with a 'not caring/does not matter' sort of mindframe.

If you are a college student using this.. Get in and get out.
If you dont have add and you are using this to get high or lose weight or driving long hours or whatever use you have found for this, dont go there it takes a very great deal of discipline and will to handle this drugs influence in the long run.

In fact I am going to go a step further and say that if you are using this drug to get high it bypasses the discipline and will checks. This is true partyly because of what heguileor mentioned before about the social stigma surrounding this drug giving it an angelic type (can do no harm only good) type apperance. Why would anyone want to stop doing something that makes them feels good and makes them better than before and is believed to be harmless? Average joe would not

ok chew on that for a minute. Then try this out.

The makers of adderall know that it has way more side-effects than it has listed. Some of the unlisted side-effects are evident within months not even years. If I am discovering them without being paid any money i'm sure their paid researches have well outdone me. That being said, the test they conducted before getting fda approved had to show some if not most of adderalls effects. Adderall was econimicaly meant to target young kids who cant sit still. Which is pretty much 75% of them if you dont handle them... Now to market this drug equivilant to speed/crystal to someones child you are going to have to do some manipulating and reconstruction of facts. Its just logic.. I am already drawing this out but just take the economic and business managerial planning and implemenentation point of view into mind and think a little.

For those who I lost in all that.. To put it simple. You only know what they want you to know about the drug. The real obvious stuff of course. The other side-effects can happen in such ways you would not even link it to adderall. If you read my other adderall post take into consideration for example the hairloss part.. You would not think adderall is to blame for your hair falling out if you read this piece of paper with very detailed looking instructions from your trusted everyday pharmacy on how to take the drug and how it would effect you.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything along those lines. I'm telling you straight up how it is. Only a fool would believe that everything is as it appears or are presented to be.(hence everything, there are some exceptions)

hope this information helps someone, if you need explainations or anything pm me.
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I agree please stop this adderall before you wake up and realize that it is too late for you and you should have never started it. It is prescribed for certain people and tndd those people are not you and your friends. It is very difficullt on your body and mind, so please, think of what these people are telling you!!
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Adderall Addiction
The knife comment is so right on. I'm addicted to focalin which is a form of ritalin or adderall or speed or whatever. At first it was great but now i'm just moody, depressed, anxious and addicted. the other night i was so depressed and drunk, i swallowed a bottle of xanax. fortunately i slept for 2 days and woke up in a fog. i'm still taking it because i'm afraid of the withdrawls. Im slowly tapering off but its really hard.
If anyone has successfully withdrawn from this drug i would really appreciate hearing your story.
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Adderall Hell On Earth
I am recovering from a 1.5 love affair with adderall. At first it gave me hyperfocus, made me feel great. I cut caffiene out completely and I hated caffiene but it made me wake right up and I had a love affair with it also, aka energy drinks. The med has a very high addictive quality, and also a nice cute unhealthy half life. The more I was on it it changed the way I felt until I was taking the max allowed for an adult- 60mg per day. I tried to quit by tapering and it never worked. The days I would take off from it I laid around the house like a vegetable and could not wait to start my work week so I would be back on it. I had worked myself up to this dosage and was sick of it - decided to quit cold turkey. I wound up in the ER from stopping all meds including the very unhealthy combo of xanax also to wind down at the end of the day. This stuff is like the wicked step-child of exctasy, a party drug I did a handful of times in my 20's Now in my late 40's I have not touched X in 20 years. Over the last 1.5 years I lost all desire to work out, did not want to eat except at the end of the day, and was completely absorbed in self. My wife is a real sweetheart and said the last 2 months on it she noticed my personality change before her eyes, I am normally easy going and we have been married 3 years now. The fact that she is 16 years younger may have helped-she is right by my side and supportive and just wants the old randog back. And she is seeing him return day by day. Now back to the withdrawal experience. At the ER they had to give me injectable Benadryl to tone down the effects of a dystonic drug reaction - aka- partial seizure where you are conscious but your muscles contract in your hands and legs and you have heat sensations between your tows and sweating and your eye muscles roll back in your head and all around, though you can focus and look at someone. This went on for 1 week though each day less (the sensensation that I was going to have a partial, eyes rolling back, muscles twitching and my chest feeling I was having a heart attack though the did an ekg twice and it was normal and my BP was not extremely high. This is because your chest muscles are tight and they FeeL like they are strangling your heart. It was the 5th day when my liver decided to dump the half lives of the med/meds back into my system today it has been 2 weeks and I am only taking 2 mg of xanax and plan to taper off to 1 next week. I went to (or I should say my wife took me to) my doc the next week cause I was completely incapable of driving. He put me on deplin, a b-vitaman in script form (adderall sucks all the b-vitamins out of your system)and this has helped. I drank huge amounts of water and just now after 2 weeks I am still thirsty but not quite as bad. I would recommed staying away from high citric acid drinks. This seemed to bring the sensation of a siezure on, but this is just my experience. All my blood work was normal praise God. Forget about sleep, I sleep about 3-4 at night and 2 in the day and the day feels the best cuz I am out cold. My nurse prac., assistant to the doc is very sweet and she called me also and offered to write a script for a sleep med to help get back on track. I told her I would let her know and I wanted to step down to 1 mg on the xanax next week and she said if i did that, a sleep med would be best cuz I take the xanax 1 time in the morning about 3 hours after I awake which is about 2:30 to 3 am. cuz I get very edgy. You will feel like you are taking the med when you have not had any, this is part of the detox I was told by my nurse-pratitioner. Also, for me I have bad leg pain, mostly in my feet and ankles and lower legs, also was told this is part of the detox. Going cold turkey is a bad deal, but for me, it was the only way I could. Best to talk to your doc and try to step down. Any way you slice it it takes a while to get back on track. I remember taking my first pill and thinking this was the magic bullet cuz it took away depression and at the same time gave me incredible focus. The highs and lows became vicious. This sxxx is very deceptive and I share this only to help anyone else I can. I would call it the wicked stepchild of X, which I only done maybe 10 times in my 20's. I do not do any illegal drugs and never have with the exception of what I said. As I said in my 20's only a little X ( I actually think the sxxx was legal at that time)and a few times smoking some weed but that was never my thing. I don't drink but a few times I had a beer or 2 and thats it I mean it at a seafood boat and it made me feel horrible while on adderall. Also, there is plenty of testimonies that if you want to die, just combine your adderall with X. Many are 6 feet under due to this combo. If in any way I can help post back. My experience could take hours or perhaps an entire day to write about, and now I am finally starting to get about 8 hours of functionality after 2 weeks. This Med, I like to call the wicked step-child of X. A few chemical rings added in a lab which is like a mutation only well designed-for 1 thing - dependancy. It does get better each day but you have to really want to get off. One thing I realize now is (after many years) is that life is a gift. It's all a gift. Things as simple as the air and nature and someone your love ones smiles. Anyone on this, addicted to it, or considering it - This is why I share.
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Tisk Tisk..
Yeah. I take Adderall xr because I've had ADD all my life. Its true. I started taking it when I was 15 or something.. it HELPED my life [btw, I am now 19].. I think everyone's "problems" while taking "Adderall" is not the Medication's doing, it's the Person who is taking it. If you were not prescribed this drug or if you have no signs of ADD or ADHD or don't feel like the medication is for you, then please, be SMART and don't f**king take it. You know it's right for you if you've taken it for 4 years and it's BETTERED your life and Not slowly destroyed everything about it. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT, that's what a lot of you guys sound like, uneducated and inexperienced, and you guys seem unable to look outside of the goddamn box.. except for the smart ones..
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Re: Tisk Tisk..
jennay7188 wrote:
Yeah. I take Adderall xr because I've had ADD all my life. Its true. I started taking it when I was 15 or something.. it HELPED my life [btw, I am now 19].. I think everyone's "problems" while taking "Adderall" is not the Medication's doing, it's the Person who is taking it. If you were not prescribed this drug or if you have no signs of ADD or ADHD or don't feel like the medication is for you, then please, be SMART and don't f**king take it. You know it's right for you if you've taken it for 4 years and it's BETTERED your life and Not slowly destroyed everything about it. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT, that's what a lot of you guys sound like, uneducated and inexperienced, and you guys seem unable to look outside of the goddamn box.. except for the smart ones..

tisk tisk-

I was also diagnosed with add a long time ago also. If I failed to mention that-thats why I was on it in the first place. Point is, this is a bad med. Right now, you are 19. Wait till you have been on it a few more years. This is a very powerful stimulant, and was engineered for addiction, so be careful. I hope this never happens to anyone, but I was sharing only to tell my story. Maybe for some people, it will not have this effect. Hope this is the case with you. It is interesting to note that Canada pulled it from the market for a while. It definitely is a controversial med, to say the least.
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Well Then.. Hm..
No. It's controversial to those who make controversy. People are different. So, in your case, you happen to get the bad side of Adderall. Not everyone is like you, though not everyone is like me, either. Yes I know about the Adderall deal in Canada, they tried to ban it just because some irresponsible kids and some people with severe heart problems happened to die while having an Adderall-like drug in their systems, most of which most likely overdosed or took Adderall with other drugs as well. You know they [tried to] ban beer in American once.. that didn't last long.. why? Because it's a great medication for those who can use it *properly* instead of irresponsibly, just like anything else that has any possible addiction potential and/or health risks.. Use your head, silly.
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Trying to Stop Using Adderall
I am new to this forum and to this website but hopefully this will help given the situation I am in. I need to stop taking Adderall. I have had a prescription for it since January and have been blowing through it each month very quickly.....but there is much more to this so let me give you a little background:

I was first introduced to stimulants in college and would use them occasionally for studying - and once I realized what they could do...soccer games and practices once in a while. I never felt like I was dependent on them - just liked the effects. My then boyfriend (now husband) has legitimately bad ADHD and has been taking dextroamphetamine for a number of years. It helps him tremendously - and he is responsible with it. I have been out of college for almost 4 years and about 2 years ago or so I began taking his a little more frequently - not because of ADD but because I was tired - stressed out - overwhelmed....all the wrong reasons. I have had the same high stress job for 3 years...along with moving, getting married, etc....I guess "life" has just wiped me out. In January I got the prescription basically so I wouldn't take his because he needs them and obviously this was a bad idea. Now I just want to stop taking them. Even with higher doses, I still have no energy and literally feel as though the life has been sucked out of me. I just want to be myself again. I am extremely ashamed of what I have allowed myself to get into....I have lost respect for myself and I think my husband has lost respect for me too, which hurts a lot. I was a psychology major in college and am in the healthcare industry....I know exactly what I have been doing which makes it so much worse. My mom is an alcoholic and has suffered from severe bipolar disorder my entire life...her mother also suffered from these diseases and spent 15 yrs. in a mental hospital when my mom was young. I have been diagnosed with depression and have been taking medication for that for about a year...I figured that I should be proactive in getting help so that I would not go down a similar path....and now look where I have ended up. I know that I don't need this medication and I would appreciate advice anyone could offer about how to stop this.
|

replied August 18th, 2007
to Slc337
Ok, yeah you really need to stop taking that medication. I have many friends who have been and some who still are [illegally] taking Adderall and/or ADHD stimulants for the same reason as you- tiredness and stress. You know what, the same thing happened to them, they started taking it regularly because they thought it helped them not be tired all the time, but it ended up making them even more tired after a short while of taking it everyday and now they are in tears because they can't stop taking it, unless they run out of money or something. You have to tell your prescriber you really want to stop taking it, the safe way. I am not sure of what milligram you take, but I know that your doctor should be recommending that you reduce your dosage 10-20mg a day every three days if you need to discontinue it, if not more slowly than that. For example: if you're at 60mg a day you should take 50mg a day for three days, then 40mg a day for the next three days and so forth until done. This will help your body adjust to the new lower dosages of the medication as you try and rid it out of your body slowly but surely and you should feel like yourself more and more if you taper off it correctly and as directed. Don't just Stop taking a stimulant all together (unless you're highly addicted and have to stop immediately due to worsening health), but you don't sound like a big addict, you sound mildly dependent on this drug. And yes, that is a problem with dextroamphetamines- they can trick your body into thinking it needs the drug until you figure out that you would probably be better off without it. This happens to a lot of [young] women. Males may like adderall too, but for some reason they can handle not taking it more than females can. Because women have more stress and fatigue more often than guys do, you know, the whole hormonal thing and just the fact that we're smaller and more fragile all over inside and outside of our bodies and minds. You say you feel like you have lost respect for yourself, but please don't feel that way, it only worsens the whole thing. You need to tell yourself you're going to be fine without this drug and you should also start getting into healthier habits- exercise is a great energy booster, I know you've probably heard that a lot, but it's TRUE. Regular [try daily] moderate cardio exercises can really boost a persons energy level and lessen stress levels by at least 50% or more, that's a good thing. Adderall or dextroamphetamines can only pretend to boost energy for the short term- for a few months- they're not prescribed to have "more energy" they are prescribed to help people who are disabled in organization skills and for people who absolutely can't and haven't ever been able to focus on everyday tasks. ADHD and ADD can have the potential to ruin someone's life at some point if it's left completely untreated. But what many people don't realize is that ADHD medications can ruin anyone's life if they are abusing and/or misusing the stimulants; mainly people who don't have and/or never have had signs of any substantial attention disorders are good candidates for completely misusing and/or abusing stimulant medications, simply because it doesn't work the same way for them as it does Attention deficits.
|

replied August 30th, 2007
Re: Adderall Hell On Earth
randog wrote:
I am recovering from a 1.5 love affair with adderall...

I'm 53 years old. I've taken Adderall, 20mg, for 11 years. It was prescribed for atypical depression; I have more issues with the synthesis of dopamine and norepinephrine than serotonin so SSRIs and TACs have little effect on my condition. I have never taken more than 40mg in a single day and my typical dose, over the years, has been no more than 30mg per day.

For me it's a lifesaver. I have never experienced any of the problems stated by ...Hell On Earth despite the time I've taken the drug. I have a degree in biochemistry, 2 years of med school and am now a degreed and practicing engineer so I have knowledge and the capacity to gain further knowledge of my condition and the medications I take. My problem, however, with statements like this is already echoed on these pages by another member, namely that it's not necessarily about the drug, but often more about the person when there is a problem with a drug. There are certainly many drugs approved by the FDA and available in the US and other countries commercially that are marginally effective and, in some cases, even bad for most people who may end up taking them. But in the case of a drug like Adderall, the experience is usually about the person - not the drug.

In this case the individual freely admits to abusing the drug, to taking it for recreational purposes, as well as mixing in the use of benzodiazepines, drugs that can cause horrible problems resulting from issues like "low dosage withdrawal syndrome".

I may be mistaken due to a lack of the basic facts but based on the words of this individual and his recounting of his experience with Adderall and other drugs it would appear all of his problems are certainly of his own doing and that he is merely another glaring example of someone who makes all the wrong moves, knows he's done it all wrong, yet desperately needs someone or something else to blame.

I'd suggest the individual seek therapy for his tendency to abuse prescription drugs and also to attempt to break out of his narcissistic, immature ways of avoiding accountability for his own deeds and life.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
DUMPED MY ADDERALL DOWN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL :)
Hi. I recently dumped the rest of my adderall XR down the garbage disposal and I AM SO RELIEVED!!! Like many, the effects were WONDERFUL at first, increased focus, ability to do boring tasks at work, improved energy, etc. But yeah, somewhere around the 2 month mark it stopped working. And at first I continued to take them as prescribed, but the initial effects are so great, it's easy (for some of us) to start popping them like tic tacs to try to get that effect back. I know now that this "effect" was actually being HIGH. Not happy mellow weed high, but SCARY TWEAKER HIGH. I went from 25 mg per day to 100 +. I don't do street drugs, but now I'm pretty sure I was just on them for two months. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. THIS ONE IS REALLY SCARY.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....