Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

to All the Second Time Mommies!

Ok I know that this is going to be a little graphic, but my discharge has been really watery. I dont really dont like to sleep with shorts on because it is so uncomfortable, and this morning I woke up because I thought I had peed on my self but to my suprise it wasnt pee. It was about a table spoon and completley clear and no odor. What is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
How far along are you?
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Experienced User
33 weeks
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
It could be that the baby is leaning on your bladder slightly but I would phone your doctor just to be on the safe side and check you amniotic fluid isn't leaking but it is pretty common to get quiet a lot of clear discharge at this stage .
If it starts to smell offensive then you really should go and see your midwife as it could be an infection.

Good luck and trynot to worry clear discharge is normal.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Yeah def. Call and get checked out.. You could be leaking fluids from your membranes.. Good luck and keep us posted
|

replied May 6th, 2005
U already also have a child ?
|

replied May 6th, 2005
Experienced User
No bella is my first. But over the past few days since the incident it hasnt happened again. Maybe I just peed on myself (lol, you have to love motherhood) after all my bladder is not used to having a 5 pound baby laying on it!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...