Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

I Kno Its Been Asked a Couple of Times But Armpit Lump

I know this has been asked a couple times but my friend who is 17, has found a lump under her arm at first it looked like a spot but now it's a proper lump, and solid feeling, and shes had it for a while. It isn't painful or itchy but I was just wondering if any one could give some advice on what it may be. Shes gonna see her doctor about it but I just wanted to check whether anyone had any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I am glad that your friend is havibg the lump checked out, it is always better to be safe then sorry. I am no Dr. But it could be a cyst or a little fatty tumor or a cancerous tumor. Cancer tumors are not painful at first, that is why it is good to do a self exam once a month and report anything that you feel is not right to your Dr. I sure hope your friend is o.K.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied July 18th, 2008
hey there wel im 15 well i just woke up today feeling pain both under my armpits.
does this have to do something with cancer??
well im really worried i dont know what to do.
first i thought it had to do with shaving from lastnight and i cut my armpits with the razor its pretty embarising well im just worried because now im starting to think its cancer ive got two lumps and its sore.
i wos thinking i wos the only one with this well looks like i aint the only one after all.
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....