Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortion Opinions (Page 1)

Hey,
my name is jennifer and I am doing a report about abortions for an informative piece for language arts. I want peoples opinions on this subject but to me I feel that killing a 100% person fetus is not a nice act, I can under stand that when someone is raped and get pregnant I can understand getting an abortion for that, but I feel that if a woman is going to take the chance of having sexual inter course. She should take the consequences of getting pregnant and have a baby. God says "thall shall not kill" in one of the ten commandments. That disobeying god.
Sincerely,
jennifer nall
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2005
Omg
Please please I would love to have opinions please I need opinions from ya'll :( :( :(
|

replied May 4th, 2005
Re: Abortion Opinions
cherrniffer wrote:
to me I feel that killing a 100% person fetus is not a nice act, I can under stand that when someone is raped and get pregnant I can understand getting an abortion for that

yeah... Cuz them babies are expendable to anti choicers. After all, it isn't about the babiiiieeeeeessssssssssss, but punishing the woman for non procreational sex.

cherrniffer wrote:
but I feel that if a woman is going to take the chance of having sexual inter course. She should take the consequences of getting pregnant and have a baby.

see above. You are pro punishment, not pro life. Next.

cherrniffer wrote:
god says "thall shall not kill" in one of the ten commandments. That disobeying god.

no, the commandment is "murder". Just because christian zealots try to change it to fit their political agenda, doesn't make it true.
|

replied May 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Jennifer, you are free to have your opinions. But when your claims are not even about a difference of opinion, but rather about a completely different belief set with no overlap at all, then there isn't much to discuss and comment on. You might as well have said that the sky is pink with green dots and asked us to somment.

It is so far off that there is nothing to comment on.
|

replied May 5th, 2005
But if a wemon is on the brith controll pill, and use comdoms and still get pregnant. To me I think she should still keep it cause even thou she took procautions and sort still its killing a baby and isnt that murder?
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Hello jennifer. My **personal opinion** is that abortion is wrong. *i* don't believe in abortion for any reason at all. *i* feel that we do not have the right to decide who lives or dies.
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Hi m2t and how is the beautiful trevor I hope that you are all well.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Again. Abortion is not about killing a baby, it is about terminating a pregnancy. It is not a baby until birth. Abortion is a medical procedure, killing a baby is not a medical procedure. Abortion is more similar to terminating or operating on a cancer tumor. You do not want the cancer tumor growing inside of you, just like some women do not want the z/e/f growing inside of them.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied May 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Abortion Opinions
cherrniffer wrote:
hey,
my name is jennifer and I am doing a report about abortions for an informative piece for language arts. I want peoples opinions on this subject but to me I feel that killing a 100% person fetus is not a nice act, I can under stand that when someone is raped and get pregnant I can understand getting an abortion for that, but I feel that if a woman is going to take the chance of having sexual inter course. She should take the consequences of getting pregnant and have a baby. God says "thall shall not kill" in one of the ten commandments. That disobeying god.
Sincerely,
jennifer nall

i dont' follow the bible so the whole part about disobeying god is irrelevant and anyway.. "god" killed more people then all the humans could ever kill if we all went on a mass killing spree.. That is if your little book is true. Oh and do you really think after a positive pregnancy test I am giong to sit there and think.. "you know.. I really don't want to be pregnant and it wouldnt' be in my best interest to carry this pregnancy but other people think abortion is wrong and selfish so I think i'll just deal with it and put my body through hell for their sake despite the fact they wont' be there to support me during labor and delivery or help me pay for the baby if I am dumb enough to keep it"

i really hope you don't think i'm that stupid.
|

replied May 7th, 2005
I see bd but im not here to arug about the bible im here to get opinions from other people about abortion for my paper.

If abortion is like takeing out a tumor, a tumor isn't a embryo or a fetus. So im lost :? :? :?
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
cherrniffer wrote:
if abortion is like takeing out a tumor, a tumor isn't a embryo or a fetus. So im lost :? :? :?
yes you are. Becuse you see it solely from the view of the fetus, completely ignoring the woman, as is the case with most pl. Certainly to the woman, there is little difference in the removal of an unwanted tumor and the removal of an unwanted embryo or fetus.
|

replied May 7th, 2005
I see thank you
|

replied May 10th, 2005
Personally, I think what the bible says is probably a little outdated for the 21st century. I agree that if a person doesn't want to become pregnant then they should take steps to prevent it from happening. I definitely don't beleive that a woman should be forced to continue a pregnancy if she feels that she is unable to cope emotionally and financially. I also feel that men should take just as much responsibility as the woman in the prevention of pregnancy, but it seems to me that once the woman is pregnant, the man becomes obsolete in any decision making.
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Cherrniffer first of all if you just want info for a paper just read the posts already here - they cover plenty of people opinions.

Secondly i'll repeat myself from a previous post.

At 18 years old my drink (cola if you really need to know) was spiked with rohypnol (the date rape drug). I ended up raped, although I didn't know it (and no I was not drunk and unable to remember) I found out a little later that I had been raped, went through hell, did not even know who I had been raped by. I chose then to terminate that pregnancy. It was less than 8 weeks of gestation, I didn't know if the drug could have affected the baby, I had no means of financial support. I was not on any form of birth control as I was not in any relationship and not looking for sex.
At 8 weeks the placenta hasn't yet developed, there is no neural system either.

Last year, 18 1/2 weeks into a much wanted pregnancy (3years of trying)(i'm now 26) I ended up in hospital with severe pains.
Because I had a malformed uterus the baby had ruptured through the top of my uterus and into my abdominal cavity. This resulted in an emergency hysterectomy and what technically equates to an abotion as at the time of surgury the baby still had a heartbeat. It would not have been possible to carry him to term and there was a good chance both of us could have died.

Even so, I believe abortion as birth control is wrong. It is a devastating thing to put your body through and no-one should contemplate it except in the most desperate of circumstances.

I think it should be "harder" to get an abortion, than to just walk in hand over some money and get it done.
I'm from uk and I had to be seen by 2 doctors and a psychologist to confirm that to go ahead with the rape pregnancy would have been detrimental to me and the child - and I do not resent them for that - I think that was wonderful.
|

replied May 13th, 2005
Yes I under stand that but... I dunno I hink a woman haves her own right for her body but then killing an unboorn child thats just wrong but I under sood in your case that your were raped and that you didnt want the child fo you rapper(sp)
|

replied May 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Rapist.
The fetus cannot live without the women's body and therefore it is the woman's right. My opinion. No one has the right to force me to carry a pregnancy I don't want or didn't try to obtain. It just isn't right.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
I agree with you partway. B/c I am against abortion in general. A baby is a baby no matter how it was conceived. The people in here who condone it probably had abortions themselves and are trying to find excuses so they feel less guilty. I am religious but I won't even get into that. Abortion is just a way to cop out of responsibility. If you dont' want a baby keep your legs closed, then there will be no accidents w/ contraceptives. It is an easy and short answer to their problems. And to those who are raped...Yes I understand that the baby would be a part of the rapist who did something aweful to you...But that bby is also a part of you...And the baby is innocent.

cherrniffer wrote:
i see bd but im not here to arug about the bible im here to get opinions from other people about abortion for my paper.

If abortion is like takeing out a tumor, a tumor isn't a embryo or a fetus. So im lost :? :? :?
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Opinions are not lies...They are just what they are called...Someone's .O.P.I.N.I.O.N.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Oooohhhh...The big *multiple user name accusation*...Where have I heard that one before....Did she say that you had to follow her opinion? Anyway I don't know the first thing about catholics (not my religion)....Once again..Nice try...Now run along to bed...Aren't you gonna be late for kindergarten?
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Either way a baby is innocent.
Who said procreation is wrong? Da mn to think..I thought you could read!
Never said there are never accidents lmao gee again with the fact that you can't read, lmao!!! I had said that if women would keep their legs closed there wouldn't be accidents w/ contraceptives. Wow girl I think you need to go back to school! Ha ha ha!
Jesus isn't lost... He's here with me and the rest of the people who believ in him. But I think you need to find him cause you're headed in the wrong direction.
Well the man has no say if she should have an abortion cause as you like to put it...It's a woman's body. So if the woman doesn"t want a baby keep her f*ng legs closed. I am not sexist I am pro-women and pro-men. I think the men should have a choice if the child dies or not.
I don't judge but I do have an opinion. Jesus said to believe in him, he never said not to cuss so kiss my a$$

pcforme wrote:
greekmomof1 wrote:
1 a : free from guilt or sin especially through lack of knowledge of evil

thank you. Sin is a religious concept.

greekmomof1 wrote:
so let's see...Did a child create itself? Did a child forget a condom? Did a child rape a woman??? No...Therefore the child is innocent. Pick up a book or two while you're out ok?

so now procreation is wrong? Hahaha! Man, if only you didn't claim to not want to bring religion into this.

greekmomof1 wrote:
didn't say all children are born cause of improper use or fault of contraceptives...Duh! Some children...Like mine, were born b/c they were wanted.

This is what you said: then there will be no accidents w/ contraceptives.

there are accidents with contractives. Try again, fundie.

greekmomof1 wrote:
and yes if a woman does not want to get pregnant then she shouldn't have sex...It's her body right? Rape is another story.

not mention of the man, sexist.

greekmomof1 wrote:
dont knock jesus, just cause you can't find him lol

not knocking him *hint, hint*. I didn't know he was lost anyways!

greekmomof1 wrote:
and I dont need jesus to prove that it is killing an innocent baby.
I wonderhow many abortions you are trying to make excuses for lmao

yup... That is it!!! Don't you know that I have a frequent abortion card??? I get the 11th one free after 10! You should join up. Works just like them free coffee cards! Not everyone that believes a woman should have a choice has had an abortion, stupid. And what would jesus think abuot you swearing and judging others?
|