I am a thirty year-old male who has lived a relatively normal health life but that all changed about 3 months ago when I began having these mysterious aches and dull pains in what I believe to be my kidneys. They come and go throughout the course of the day, seem to be perpetuated by driving long distances, and they are really started to emotionally get to me. I have been to a urologists to rule out infections, I have had my blood checked for renal problems, and have had an ultrasound to rule out renal stenosis (kidney disease) but have not gotten the results back yet. Several doctors are certain that my aches are muscular back problems, but I am not convinced. I have had back problems before, I know what those are like, these pains feel nothing like them. Very simply, it feels like organ pain. The pain is sometimes isolated on one side (or kidney as I believe) but will migrate to the other side, and now most recently the pains have become isolated more towards the sides of my stomach for brief periods. Can anyone relate or offer any words of encouragement as I figure out what is going on?
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Same Thing! Any Luck?? Kidney (or Love Handle Pain)
Dear "kidney questioner" -
so strange... I am also a thirty year old male who has experienced the same exact symptoms over the course of the last week. I have been to my pcp, a urologist, pancreas poked at, blood work done, cat scan performed and no one can seem to figure out what is wrong. Everything seems normal according to these tests. (except for a slightly elevated white blood cell count which means there is a slight infection somewhere in my body) but the pain I have been experiencing is excrutiating! It has felt like it's right in my kidneys and made me thing I had a kidney stone, but everything showed up normal. I also have pain in my lower, right abdomen. I can describe it as a real bad dull ache all the time and a shooting pain like a knife about 3x an hour. I have an appendectomy scheduled for monday (today is saturday). But they're still not sure if this will even relieve these symptoms!! Did you have any luck with diagnosis?? Please give me the update. I am just at a loss and in a lot of pain.
Thank you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 17th, 2009
Same Problem!
I am 28, and I have the same problem, except that mine seems to be less of a sharp pain that the last writer and more of a dull throbbing most of the time. It's the worst when I'm driving or trying to sleep.
I was concerned about my kidneys becuase of years of on and off creatine supplementation, but a friend of mine who is my age is having the same symptoms as I am, only he has never used creatine in his life.

As a side note I drink a lot of diet cola, and I'm wondering about aspertame?? Anyway, thanks for the help!
|

replied December 15th, 2009
Hip ("love handle" or kidney pain
I have been having the same problem-40 year old female. I just went to the dr today and had some test run, but no results yet. Did any of you find out what the problem was? Did it ever stop? It's driving me CRAZY.
|

replied June 29th, 2010
hi my names is james ive been having the same symptoms,sometime it feels like my bows are not moving like they suppose too. im thinking a mixture of sugar suppliments in kool aids and pops, also i wanted to know if any of you were your cell phones on the side thats most irritated.
|

replied January 30th, 2011
;(
I'm 14 and a girl.
And I get it on my left side. And it hurts all the time, especially when I put pressure on it.. ;(
Is it my kidney.?
What is iit
|

replied January 30th, 2011
I'm 14 and a girl.
And I get it on my left side. And it hurts all the time, especially when I put pressure on it.. ;(
Is it my kidney.?
What is iit
|

replied April 12th, 2011
I'm a 17 year old girl and I've had this for over a year know.
I was in the hospital last year for a few days with a servere kidney infection
after that everything went away then a month later my left kidney started hurting all the time,
Constant pressure to urinate and sometimes not being able to go when I have to. The pain is horrible. I've been to doctor after doctor and all they saywas infection infection infection then I recently went again and they said ok we have to get it checked out.
So I got a CT scan,ultrasound,blood taken, and peed in 100 cups.and it all came back normal. So then frustrated I left. and I got a call from the dr and they refereed me to a urologist, in two weeks I'm going to get a Cystoscopy and I'm crossing my fingers that I get answers.
|

replied December 30th, 2013
I have a similar issue caused by disc herniation at least that''s what mine is from what happens uis the nerve gets pinched causing the pain that''s why in many cases
|

replied December 30th, 2013
I have a similar issue caused by disc herniation at least that''s what mine is from what happens uis the nerve gets pinched causing the pain that''s why in many cases the area gets more painful from bmoving body.but the only way you can see if that is what yours is is getting an MRI P ass are actually located in the center of your back below the rib cage
|

replied June 29th, 2015
I'm a 36 year old female and I'm having a similar problem. My love handle area is tender, like a bruise on both sides. It only hurts when I touch it. There is also a tender spot on my back on the left side. I personally think it's an inflamed nerve in my spine, but my doctor thinks I pulled a muscle in my back. I don't agree, I've had back muscle pains before and this is much different. I feel fine otherwise. Urine is normal, movement doesn't seem to bother it unless I jog and my fat jiggles, then it hurts. It is also hot to the touch on the tender areas. Doctor referred me to physical therapy, but I don't think that will help.
|

replied March 22nd, 2016
Amyhis, did you ever get any answers to these symptoms? I am having the same problems and just getting started with the doctors about what it could be.
Thanks!
|

replied January 16th, 2018
I’m a 15 year old guy Idk if that matters but it’s like tender to the touch told anything,like even my shirt
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....