Very long story but basicly I have ocd, jealousy, and anxiety attacks I am on anti depressants and have councilling I have been with my partner for 2 and half years, he stood by me throughout but because he done this he thinks its ok for him to abuse me, he hits me, kicks me, punches me, pulls my hair spits at me, throws things at me, everytime we have a argument, I know I put him through a lot but does this mean he can treat me like this? Our relationship is like tit for tat all the time I tell him I will leave him and he thinks cause he puts up with my controlling him that I cant leave, I feel like he plays mind games with me, please somebody, seriously is this my fault?
Do I deserve this now they say what goes around comes around.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2005
You have had mental problems, right? Depression is an illness not a choice. Because he loves you he should stick by your side. It shouldn't be that he had to simply "put up" with the problems you were dealing with. Noone deserves to be abused..Not you not anyone. It is not healty for a growing relationship, it just causes you to hate each other. If I understand correctly...I think you should continue counciling,if you want the relationship to work. When you feel you are about to get into an arguement be calm with him and talk even though inside of you wants to blow up...Be calm...You love him right? He loves you, right? If he is simply objective and fights with you regardless of your attempt at keeping things civil...Get out of this relationship...Its going nowhere but to the grave or to prison.
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi Ggshawy
I hope you're ok. Tessa is right no one desrves to be treated like this. Do you really want to be kicked around all your life? Take care of yourself, fight for yourself and do what you need to live a better life.
This is not your fault, you are a wonderful person on the inside someone with a bright future. Your partner needs serious help.
Look in the mirror, think of what you want for yourself, what you deserve, the kind of person you are and make a decison.
I know its really hard and if you don't have the courage, its understndable. Maybe another person such a counselor or a friend could help you.
I also hope you're ok with your ocd and depression, I guess they don't help your relationship....But its good you're on medication that should help...
Did the counsling you said you tried help you at all?
Well please post on how you're doing. Take care.
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Yes the councilling has got me much better I am proud of myself I thought my partner would of been proud but if I ad one bad day and I say to him oh I feel better im improving he will be all negative and get me back down by saying no because you still do ne this the other day (if you get what I mean?) thank you for your replys I appreciate them, basicly I know his the one with the problems he can play mind games all he likes but im better I know that in myself. Thanks again.
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Hi
Hi hun"

you shouldnt be hit or anything, you dont deserve this. Maybe he is the cause of your aniexty, I know my x was the cause of mine and my jealousy. I got rid of him and I have been happy the last 13 years. Dont ever blame yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not you, its him, and you dont need him , just remember everyone is strong enough to do what it takes to make us happy.
Lisa
|

replied October 13th, 2005
Amen tessa.

Maybe you staying in this relationship is not helping your progress. Maybe you could get alot further without him. He's basically rubbing it in your face that he stuck by you (times a hundred). That is not a loving man. Does he also have counseling for himself? It sounds like he needs it. Maybe you can suggest that (don't if it will harm you in any way).

If you can't suggest it b/c of that reason..Get out now!!

I'm sorry, I know it's alot easier said than done..But you gotta go what you gotta do.
|