What pecautions do I need to take to keep my 8 and 10 year old children safe from my and my husbands hep c. We are in the very early stages. Not sick yet or........
I am just a little freaked out by this.....................Thanks annie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2003
Hep C
Dear annie,
don't be scared. Hep c is passed by blood to blood contact. So, don't bleed on the kids! Laughing there is much to know about hep c, and there is real progress in the treatments. "priorityhealth.Com" has tons of help concerning that and many other health problems. You can learn a lot there and of course, there are many other sites and chats to go to.
For this disease, there are many factors to consider. I know personally, two couples that have been married for 25+ years and only one spouse has it, as the other stays viral clean. So, don't worry about the kids, they are fine.
Remember, education is key when dealing with a new bug. Read all you can and then ask questions. This is a fairly new disease to our medical professionals, but not to the world.

Good luck and good health to you and your family. Slobonthebus
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....