Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Any Minorities With Eating Disorders???

Hi, I know eating disorders usually affect only caucasian people, but I was wondering are there minorities such as indians (like me), asians, any one else with eating disorders??????
I feel so alone. I would really appreciate it if anyone else like me is out there could reply to this. Thanks and I hope you're all doing ok. We'll survive guys, life is worth the ride so hang in there.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Your Not Alone
Hey hun! I hope you are well. As you know I am irish but I do know people who are from africa and turkey and all over the world really who suffer from eating disordes. Eating disordes do not choose the people who suffer from them, it affects people of all races, colour, religion, shapes and sizes so your never alone, believe me.
Take care of yourself and write to me soon let me know how you are doing k. Oh I am still looking for the scar stuff.

Jenny
|

replied April 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Where are you getting these statistics that only white people hav eeating disorders?

What next, guys don't do it?

:)

sorry if I sound mean, wasn't intended.
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi deathx, thanks for the reply. I got the statistics from another website. It is known that the majority, I did not say all but the majority of people are caucasian.
This is just the info I got, I don't even know it if it is right.
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Wow, how odd is that?

Hmm wonder why its mostly caucasians? Maybe its somethingt o do with westerners and a reflection on the media and the 'perfect' body?
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Hey,

im new to this forum. Im probably one of the rarest bulimic out there. Im oriental (vietnamese) and im a guy.
|

replied May 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hey alx how are you. I hope you're ok. Thanks for replying to my other post as well. You will find many guys with eating disorders on this forum and I hope that helps. Take care and keep posting- it does help you feel a little better.
|

replied May 2nd, 2005
The black has statistically the lower activity of the lactase so they generally have the more often the negative side effects(mainly diarrhoea) on drinking milk...But thats not the severe disorder.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....