Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Post-op Comp Hyst With Painful Urination And Area Sinks In

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi everyone. I needed to find out if anyone has had this weird problem before. I am at a loss as to what it could be. I had a complete abdominal hsyterctomy four weeks ago for an ovarian tumor the size of a grapefruit that was thank god benign!. I am 41 years old. This is my problem when I got home from the hospital I noticed that on the onset of urinating, it would burn and I finally realized that while I was urinating the area right above my pubic bone would completely sink in. After the urination stopped it would slowly go back normal. My incision was from my navel down to my pubic bone. I had told the doctor about this and treated for a urinary tract infection which I had, but then the second time I went to her I actually peed in front of her to show her how it would sink in. She did not know what it was and had never seen anything like it before. My doctor is only 29 years old. I am sure she has not seen too much. Because of my health insurance I am doctor limited. Anyway I am wondering if this is the area where my uterus and ovaries use to be, but why is it collapsing inward when I have the sensation to urinate. Has anyone ever had this problem??? I feel my bladder has something to do with it. Could there be a peice left in my urethra from the foley catheter at the time of my surgery. It has to be related to my bladder somehow. I wonder also if it some type of spasm when I am urinating, but still puzzled as to why it is collapsing inward. While it is collapsing inward, it feels like something is constricting uncomfortable feeling. Any help would be so appreciated!.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It could be your bladder. You do have a right to a second opinion.
Good luck!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 20th, 2009
post-hysterecyomy, painful urination, area sinks in
I am also experencing the very same symptoms you have described. i'm 50yrs old and had a tah 4wks ago. when i read your comment i thought omg i finaly found someone who had the same exact problems i have, "unreal"!!! so what happened with you? as of now i have set up an appointment with a urologist. is it the right thing to do? or did your symptoms simply go away in time?please help me if you can.... thank you duwave
Did you find this post helpful?