I am new here... Maybe someone can help me with my thoughts. I am 30 gay and I have weight problems. A friend told me that being in a relationship with someone who accepts me for who I am would help me to change my eating habbits. But how can I be with a guy if I am ashamed of my body? She thinks that being loved by a nice guy would make everything possible. Am I naive or are there gay men who really care more for the personality and would support in losing weight?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 21st, 2008
Experienced User
chat time
looking for some personal chat with men around 50. feel free to email me
|

Experienced User
Re: Big & Gay
max009 wrote:
I am new here... Maybe someone can help me with my thoughts. I am 30 gay and I have weight problems. A friend told me that being in a relationship with someone who accepts me for who I am would help me to change my eating habbits. But how can I be with a guy if I am ashamed of my body? She thinks that being loved by a nice guy would make everything possible. Am I naive or are there gay men who really care more for the personality and would support in losing weight?

There are guys out there that can look past a physique. It does take time to find that right person to connect with.

Don't feel bad about your body! However, if you feel that you need to make a change with something, do it for yourself, and noone else. Whomever looks solely at someone for physique, or perhaps looks right away to spot imperfections on someone is truly shallow IMO.

Welcome to the board! Smile
|
Users who thank JYoungBear for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
If U R happy with your weight then find a man who likes big men...there are lots of them out there and J is right..."Whomever looks solely at someone for physique, or perhaps looks right away to spot imperfections on someone is truly shallow"
...after all, we are all gonna get older and balder and fatter or skinnier and if someone is with you for looks alone then unhappiness is all that can come from that because we are all changing...
|

replied October 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
homerx wrote:
If U R happy with your weight then find a man who likes big men...there are lots of them out there and J is right..."Whomever looks solely at someone for physique, or perhaps looks right away to spot imperfections on someone is truly shallow"
...after all, we are all gonna get older and balder and fatter or skinnier and if someone is with you for looks alone then unhappiness is all that can come from that because we are all changing...

Exactly!

We're not all perfect, we're only human. We should be able to accept our bodies for what they are.
|
Users who thank JYoungBear for this post: homerx 
Tags: accepts, weight
Quick Reply