:( I had a hysterectomy in 2000, I was 30. I have an ovary left and I am wondering if any one has gone through ovarian failure post hyst.
I have gained a whopping 65 pounds and feel awful. I have had a lot of gasteric discomfort. The most bothersome symptom other than weight gain, is the depression and lethargy. I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions that you may have. :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
I had a lavh (laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy) when I was 24. My gynecologist left both of my ovaries because of my age. Last year( I am now 28), I started getting night sweats, I felt I was losing my mind, and had severe pain in my left abdomen all the time. I started seeing a new gyn. She finally took my ovaries. I started taking the cocktail of estrogen and testosterone (shots) once a month. After growing a "happy trail" just like a man's, my voice deeping, and having to shave my chin daily; I was switched to the estrogen patch. I can't tell a difference, except for a lower sex drive then with the shots (testosterone). I gained weight with the hrt (hormone replacement therapy). Depression goes along with menopause. I take effexor xr 75 mlg twice a day, I recommend it to anyone.
|

replied April 28th, 2005
Depressed And Scared
Dear whirledpeas, I also have had a hysterectomy, 2wks ago. My doctor did not take my ovaries because they were in good shape and he did not want to throw menapause on top of my depression and anxiety.
Any way, I am also taking effexor xr, 75mg a day. It is the best thing that I ever took, that controled both my depression and anxiety. I would recomend it to anyone also. Good luck, melissa
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....