as you can see my ears stick out. My nickname has been ears for 7 years + can someone please answer these quetsoins? How much does the surgery cost. Can you explain the procedure? Where can I get it done? Is it safe? What are the risk? After like 20 years will they go back? Or somethijng lke that can you tell me everything you know about htis topic please I wanna cut my ears off I rather have no ears the nears taht stick out I cant get girls with these things.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JMentz
|
Users who thank Bonafide for this post: DeeDancer 

replied May 22nd, 2005
Hi there-
i had mine done when I was almost 14. So I can't tell you how much it costs cos my parents paid for it. I can tell you it was the best thing I have ever done. I suffered a lot of teasing and I was very conscious of my ears, I am now 23 and still so happy with my ears.
It really will boost your self esteem. It's failry strait forward operation when I woke up from the procedure I was fine, just druggy and my head was wrapped in bandages. When the drugs wore off I was crying in pain, when the bandages came off there was a lot of yellow crusty stuff behind my new ears, which gently came off within a few weeks, there was also swelling and bruising. But well worth it.
I hope you do what makes you happy :)
fiona
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
I'm 14 and getting mine done soon, too.
I understand why you want it, obviously, because I too do.
But don't let people put you down anyway, no one is perfect, and just for the record, I think you're good-looking. Don't let anyone put you down! And only do the surgery if you really want it, and can handle your "new" ears, not because some people like to take the mick. X
|

replied June 3rd, 2005
Just Had It Done Last Week
Hi there,

well I can tell you from experience just what its like. I am currently 25 and have been called every name in the book. I did it because my ears were predominatly large and I was tired of seeing myself in pictures plus im getting married soon and wanted to have some nice pictures without the dreadful ears. I went for a consultation about a month ago, the surgery was in the ballpark for around 5,000 I ended up actually only paying 3,500 because I refered two people to the surgeon and I payed in full. Basically the surgery is pretty easy depending on your ears, for me they had to pin the ears back but also shave down the ridges in the inside of the ear. I was under general anthesia for about a couple hours. You have to wear a bandage for the first 4 days. Then they take the bandage off. I took mine off after the four days and they say you have to wear sweatbands for 4 to 6 weeks, or until the swelling goes down. I purchased the female version of the sweatbands they are thinner than male sweatbands, plus you only have to wear them at night, so who cares, its to prevent you from rolling on your ears. Also if your not yet used to sleeping on your back and elevated get used to it, because for a month you can not lay on your ears, you will ruin the work your doctor did on them... Im in my 2nd week and the swelling still hasnt gone done, also you have to watch for infections. I developed one in my left ear, not pretty, I thought it might be a staff infection but the surgeon assures me it isnt. I am on antibiotics though so I am expecting that should clear up soon. Also my ears are still very numb as they are still swollen. Other than that im pretty happy I did the surgery, it will be well worth it once the swelling goes down and will definitly boost confidence.

On a side note make sure when you go the consultation to look at plenty of before and after photos and do your own research. Go to more than one surgeon if you can.

Good luck...Any other specific questions feel free to ask. :d

also on a 2nd side note....My doctor told me I couldnt workout for a month or play sports of any kind, im not sure why. I guess you could injure yourself while doing shoulder presses or something...
|

replied July 7th, 2011
I really want to get my ears pinned back as my ears stick out and i hate them!! Does it hurt at a lot at all???? Also I probably wouldn't tell my friends so I was wondering is it really obvious from the back or anything??
|

replied July 8th, 2011
how long does the whole process take?? from the first meeting with a doctor till the surgery??
|

replied October 30th, 2011
Otoplasty
Hi Smile I don't know if you've had the surgery yet or still considering it. I just had my ears done a week ago. Best decision I've ever made. Be sure to do your homework first thing. I recommend first searching online for plastic surgeons in your area. Next, run the names of doctors you are interested in through your state's medical board license verification website. That will give you info like what accreditation your surgeon has, where they went to school, how long they have been practicing, etc. Also, search online for any patient reviews you can find. Many plastic surgeons offer free consultations which is awesome! You get a chance to ask questions, review before and after photos and see if you feel comfortable. I loved my doctor, (Dr. McAvoy if you happen to live in NorCal) so after the consult I scheduled surgery for 10 days later! We went with local anesthesia for the procedure, which took about 2 hours, and the total cost was only $2000. It's important to keep in mind that more $$ does NOT guarantee a better physician or better results. There was a fair amount of pain the first couple of days, but the pain killers the doc prescribed took care of that and now I feel great! The dressings had to stay on for 4 days, but that seems to be standard. I still have some swelling and numbness and a little bruising, so I'm not wearing my hair up just yet but I can't wait! Smile

so I'm not wearing my hair up just yet but I can't wait Smile
results.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
Don't work out after any surgery!
Working out cause you to sweat and can rip the stitches. Working out also cause lots of blood flow to your head. That's why when we're hot or working out our faces are red. So don't think you can work out and just becareful. It has nothing to do with the above comment. It's just never ever a good idea to work out after any surgery. Can cause lots of problems and extra pain that you don't want to have. Good luck everyone!
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Quote to Otoplasty
I ve gotten a quote around u$ 2,730,00 (hospital, exams, medicine, surgeon)
it s very important do this procedure in a hospital with safety and not in a clinic.

If you have this procedure in a clinic and has health problems during the surgery, they aren t able to help you. So it s better pay more and be safe
|

replied June 7th, 2005
Otoplasty In An Outpatient Surgery Clinic
First of all, a qualified plastic surgeon will require that blood tests and other preoperative diagnostic tests be done in order to ensure that a patient is physically fit to undergo the operation. Ear pinning is a procedure which can easily be done in an outpatient surgery clinic, even under local anesthesia. An outpatient surgery clinic that is well equipped is as safe as any hospital operating room for certain procedures, most especially cosmetic surgeries. Besides, outpatient surgery operating rooms devoted to cosmetic surgery procedures are much much cleaner than hospital operating rooms. The chances of getting hospital-acquired infections are much less. Selecting a qualified plastic surgeon is still the most important factor in the success of your surgery.

Edit
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Surgery In a Clinic
I have a friend who had a otoplasty in a excellent clinic and few days after surgery she had problems with infection and she had to look for another doctor in a hospital and have another procedure to fix it!

|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Re: Ears Pinned Back Help!
bonafide wrote:

as you can see my ears stick out. My nickname has been ears for 7 years + can someone please answer these quetsoins? How much does the surgery cost. Can you explain the procedure? Where can I get it done? Is it safe? What are the risk? After like 20 years will they go back? Or somethijng lke that can you tell me everything you know about htis topic please I wanna cut my ears off I rather have no ears the nears taht stick out I cant get girls with these things.

firstly it costs £2,500 in england now u can go egypit and get it done for £1,500 there are some wicked deals on the internet so check it out on www.Google.Com I had it done it looks great bi, alex
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Aaaah! Im about to undergo the tests in about half an hour! And im getting them done in a week! I got mine done the nhs, just say you've been bullied, I did however; I really want it purely for cosmetic reasons!! Ahhhh! Anyway, I thinkn if it makes you happy its worth undergoing, on the nhs or being payed for, if its gonna bring more happiness, its worth investing in right?
|

replied May 24th, 2013
who did you tell that youd been bullied about it? I really need mine done and i dont have the money to do it, but i dont know how to go about getting it pro bono?
|

replied June 4th, 2013
Hi, I would like to do Nhs but thats only in the UK and I live in the states..... Dou you know anything I could do that is free? I'm poor so I don't really have the money
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Experienced User
I hope to get mine done one day... Its not as urgent as I wear my hair down long most of the time so it covers it but one day id love to be able to wear up styles without my ears sticking out ....
|

replied September 7th, 2005
Ears Pinned Back
Hey
i know how u all feel cos my ears stick out so much! I hate them, I can never really wear my hair up or anything, and sometimes they poke through my hair when its down... I went 2 see a doctor on monday and shes writin a letter 2 a consultant...Does anyone know how long it takes between goin 2 consultant and gettin the op? And does it hurt a lot? Im scared bout goin under anaesthetic cos isnt it true that some people dont wake up or get brain damaged??? Im scared but I so want flat ears! Can anyone help? Any advice? Thanks! Xx :d
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Great otoplasty in thailand look at this site cost start from 450usd up to 1500usd
learn mor about basic procedure here
if youwant me to recoomend a surgeon drop me a note

edit and look under ear
|

replied October 7th, 2005
I had mine done last week and I still have a bandage on my head so I havent seen the result yet! But it wasn't that painful and im sure im going to be pleased with the result! :d
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Rio De Janeiro - Brazil Have the Best Surgeon of the World!!
I am a plastic surgeon from brasil, and here the people uses to take care of their bodies much more than the rest of the world. But here the life cost is too low, and the prices are lowest as well.

A otoplasty in brasil costs between us$500 to us1000, and you have to believe in me, that the plastic surgery from brasil is one of the best in the world.

If you have some question I would like to help you

bye
|
Users who thank Cortines Junior for this post: washout 

replied August 7th, 2006
x2thew wrote:
bonafide wrote:

firstly it costs £2,500 in england now u can go egypit and get it done for £1,500 there are some wicked deals on the internet so check it out on www.Google.Com I had it done it looks great bi, alex

im having it done in england for £1600 in 18 days... Privately
|

replied August 12th, 2006
Omg I was thinking of getting my ears pinned back as they stick out, im 14 and really want them done but now I am scared as I saw your reply about brain damage ans not waking up, I asked my mum about it and she said it can happen but it is very rare....Aaaah now I am scared! Lol
|

replied March 11th, 2007
Otoplasty
Hi,
Im meetng a consultant on tuesday....Can someone please tell me how long it takes after the consultation to get the procedure done.....and also that what type of a bandage would I have to wear after sergury. Can I cover the bandage with a headband or something so that its not visible.
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Re: Otoplasty
Hi, if anyone has any questions about the procedure or any questions about the ears, just email me at [email protected]. I been through a lot with my ears, and can share personal experience, if your ears stick out too far or if your ears are too close to your head, I can guide you through your ordeal, thanks.
|

replied April 10th, 2007
Issues
I have ears that stick out ! the problem is I want the surgery but my parents wont pay im so mad we have enough money but they say I should just accept the way I look. They think its not a big deal...it is... everyone wants to feel good about themselves which I think is perfectly normal...it seems like the prices vary on where you get them done, hopefully when Im older I will be able to pay for the operation.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Ear Pinning...
Coincidentally, I am worried about my ears also. However, I decided to get my left ear pierced to take away the emphasis of how much it sticks out. I'm thinking of getting my right ear pierced too. My ears aren't big at all - in fact they're small - they just stick out more than most I would say. I try to keep my hair at a reasonable length at the sides so my ears blend in and don't look so obvious when you look at me face on. I'm also pretty lucky because I can move my ears back without touching them. I can't do it for too long but I guess it's a handy trick to know. I used to be very paranoid about my ears and even wanted to them pinned back too at one point, but I've learned to cope with them in a few ways (as mentioned above). My parents say theirs nothing wrong with my ears, but it's obvious to a blind man they stick out a bit too much. Ah well, life's too short to be unhappy with stuff. Just get on with it. Smile Oh by the way, I'm 18 from the UK. Smile

Hope this helps you guys!
|