Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Chronic Bladder Infection? (Page 1)

I have been having some strange bladder goings ons... I for the past three months have not been able to drink a single pop without being in pain for it a few hours later. If I do not drink tons of water every day I will be in pain. I always feel bladder pain after sex. I just don't get it. I'm fine as long as I drink a lot of water. Maybe it's not a bladder infection? I'm not sure what it could be. I just know it hurts to urinate and after urinating I feel like I still have to go. I also have a kind of cramping. These are the only symptoms I have. Any suggestions? Comments?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tinasam69
|

replied April 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Hello, I also have lots of urinary tract problems. I have had three bladder infections in the last year and a half, and a few weeks I was having pain/cramps, etc like I do when I have an infection but there wasn't one. But there was blood in my urine, so I had to go back the next week for a follow up, and the blood was gone. Now again I started feeling the symptoms, but I went to the doc and b/c I was on my period they couldnt do a test, so they just gave me the medicine. Because of all the problems I am going to see a urologist this summer. Have you been to the doctor about this? If not, I would go, especially if you start having back pain. Hope you get it worked out, because I feel for you!
|

replied June 28th, 2005
I have interstitial cystitis. It took me 7 years to get a diagnosis.

Do you have uti symptoms that never go away? Frequency and urge? Pain? Feel like you are losing your mind? Take heart. I understand.

Tina
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Hey,
I've been having bladder infections since I was 16, and now I'm 18. I get about 2-3 every months. They are always constant and can be there one day and gone the next. Could you please tell me your other symptoms? Thanks!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Hey,
I've been having bladder infections since I was 16, and now I'm 18. I get about 2-3 every months. They are always constant and can be there one day and gone the next. Could you please tell me your other symptoms? Thanks!
|

replied July 5th, 2005
|

replied July 18th, 2005
Well I am still having all of the symptoms I had before. I am drinking cranberry juice and water to help ease the uncomfort. I will be seeing a gyno on august 11th and will be asking him what he suggests. I'm hoping he can figure it out and fix it because I am absolutely miserable. Thanks for the help and info about interstitial cystitis. Sounds like that may be what I have. I will mention it to my gyno and see what he says. I may have to see a urologist. I just hope I can get this fixed. Tinasam69....Did your problem get fixed? And how?
|

replied July 18th, 2005
If it is ic then it can't be fixed. Its an incurable bladder disease.

My site is trying to incorporate all the treatments and diagnostic procedures about this disease. I am on my fourth doctor and hopefully will be put on the right medication to at least deal with the symptoms of ic.

Tina
|

replied August 4th, 2005
I would get as many tests done as possible..Then visist your health food store for some natural treatments..As the meds will only create other problems for you with their side efftects..Believe me I know about side effects..I use the mds for tests then go straight to the health food store for advise on the best products for my problems...Without any liver damaged as with the pharmaceutical products..Thanks
rhonda..
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Also:
If it is ic then the cranberry juice is actually making your symptoms worse. You'll need to go on a nonacidic diet and do away with caffeine, that is if it is ic. It could be many other things too. I'm expanding our herbal pages to incorporate more natural remedies.

Tina
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Azo
Ihave many similair symptoms. Especially when I drink pop. I take azo pills to help ease the pain and cranberry pills seem to help me. I never leave home without the azopills because my bladder starts acting up at he most unexpected times.
|

Azo
Azo is good for mini flares, and pop is a real problem...Its the caffeine and the carbonation that will make your bladder take issue.
|

Pop
I do not drink pop anylonger at all I drink at least two bottles of water a day. Its really helped :!:
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Question
I have had problems with bladder infections as long as I can remember, currently I am dealling with my 2nd this month I have been getting them all the time it seems. My doctor recently prescribed a half a dose of antibiotics to be taken everyday untill the infections stop it seems like there has got to be another option.
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
hi there, I just wanting to talk to someone about ic. I currently see a uriologist who diagnose me with a chronic bladder infection. He put me on antibotics for 9months and the meds didn't help one bit. I'm at my wits end I go to the washroom 35 times a day every half an hour and the funny thing is I hardly drink anything I feel like I'm losing my mind. I think I have IC. I just want to talk to someone who is dealing with the same symptoms i am because i feel so alone
|

replied February 15th, 2008
i have had chronic bladder and kidney infections since i was 20. I saw a urologist who catherized(made me cry it hurt so bad)me-and was told that though sometimes i actually did have infectons-he thought i had IC. When i had the next infection i saw another dr.-he said the IC diagnosis was bull-he gave me antibiotics when i get them and they go away. Now in the last 5 months i have had 5 infections-2 were resistant to antibiotics, so they were atually 2 weeks long.This last one is now going on three weeks-2 different antibiotics didnt work! I havent had sex, or drank alcohol--i drink water and do the preventative stuff-i dont know what to do!
If your urologist diagnosis IC-the next time you feel the symptoms -see another dr.-you might need antibiotics and need to take a urine test.the dr. who told me i had IC really didnt believe me when i said i felt i was having a new one-he thought it was the IC-he was wrong!
i am going to ask my dr. tomorrow for an ultrasound of my bladder-i want to check if there is something that can be seen-dont be afraid to ask your dr as well.I hope you feel better soon!
|

replied February 10th, 2009
diagnosis
Hey all. I am a nurse and I worked in urology for a year. I have had chronic bladder infections for 2 years. I have had one infection each month for the last 9 months. I find them to be related to intercourse and diet in my case. I started the Candida Diet, a diet that is made to change the pH of your system. It's hardcore but worth it. The candida diet is structured to starve the bacteria in your body. Google Candida Diet and you can find the lists of food you can't eat. I'm using an herbal approach and a 6 month course of antibiotics. Side note: Interstitial Cystitis hasn't been confirmed as legitimate diagnosis, which is why doctors roll their eyes when you say you have it. Get to a urologist, do exactly what they say and bring in your urine EVERY time you have symptoms. I honestly think IC is just a name for untreated chronic bladder infections. Don't just assume you have IC and quit seeing your urologist. If your urologist tells you that you have IC, get another opinion. Yes, it's a hassle, but you need to kill that bug in your bladder.
|

replied April 7th, 2009
Bladder Infections (IC)
I am 24 yrs old and was diagnosed with IC when I was 22. I started having to go more and more frequently. My urologist stretched my bladder back in May of 2008. That worked for about 3 months and then I received my first UTI. Now I get them every single month if not twice a month. I am not sexually active nor was I when I received my very first UTI.
I literally was on antibiotics 2 wks ago and was fine for about 4 days.... then got another UTI. I drink lots of water and take AZO cranberry supplements everyday. My urologist wrote me a perscription for an IC medication that I am to take 2 times a day. I don't think that is going to make my UTI's go away. I'm soooo uncomfortable!!! This is no way to live at 24!!!! I need advice!
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Hi i am 28 and i have been suffering with uti's badly for the last 4 years. its been a very hard journey. I have tried everything!! I have found a cure- firstly for quick relief try get D Mannose online. it is an absolute god send.. it completely clears infection within hours/days. it actually removes infection from bladder so your body is infection free and it is completely natural- trust me this works!! Also i have just started the anti candida diet- i really believe candida is why i am getting all these infections.. it really is worth a try.. id do anythin at this stage- with the D mannose and anti candida diet i have been free from infection for weeks now- i feel like i have my life back- good luck!!
|

replied May 12th, 2009
pain
I feel like I have a bladder infection at the least 4 times a week it come with pelvis pain also my stomach gets swollen...it useally starts at night and is gone in the morning when i get tested for on it's neg...please give me a clue I'm 49 years old
|

replied July 4th, 2009
I started with IC in my late thirties, I am in my sixties now. I think I had it long before it was diagnosed but nevertheless that is what they told me then. It went away for years. Well for the last 2 yeears it has been back with a vengeance. Now because the doctors really don't know what is going on or how to treat me, I had one urologist say to me "post menapausal, luck of the draw"...gee thanks. What about when I had it when I was in my thirties??? I get a bladder infection about every 3 weeks. Sometimes more. the pain is awful. It is worse when I am in bed, that is when it starts. It seems to affect my bowel as well as I get nausea and diorehhea. I feel pressure in my bladder. I am scheduled for a pelvic ultra sound next week to make sure there is nothing else going on. I know what living with this illness is like. It is horrible and a dreadful way to live. Going to the doctor I always feel like I am a nuisance and a whining woman. No one knows how miserable you can be with this problem. And then when there is infection, the doctors say it isn't IC, then when I get the same symptoms but no infection, they say it is. I can't plan anything in my life, I have to go from day to day. Right now I am on Cipro..AGAIN. It has worked for now but I know it will all come back again. I wish there were answers. I am going to try herbal remedies soon. Cranberry pills don't help me.
|

replied August 25th, 2009
I've had 5 UTI's in the past 5 months. Three times i went to the doctor and got antibiotics, the other two times i took azopills until the symptoms went away. I carry the pills with me everywhere because this seems to be happening all the time. I'm scheduled to see a urologist tomorrow, and i'm afraid i'm going to have to get a cytoscope. Anyone have expirience with that situation?
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...