I started my period march 18th of last month, I stopped taking my birth control and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, though he always pulled out. It is april 19thand I still have not started. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative? What is the problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Question
sofreshnsojade wrote:
i started my period march 18th of last month, I stopped taking my birth control and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, though he always pulled out. It is april 19thand I still have not started. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative? What is the problem?
the pill keeps your body more regular than it may be naturally. Going off the pill could have caused you to be late. If you are under a lot of stress, your cycle could also be affected. Antibiotics also impact your cycle.

The good news is that the pregnancy test came back negative. If you're really nervous, you should take another one in a couple of days. If you haven't started after a week has gone by, make an appointment and go see a doctor.

When I was 17, I didn't have a period for two months and no one could tell me why. I wasn't pregnant and there was no other reason other than stress. It's not unusual to be irregular when you aren't on the pill anymore.

In the future, if you aren't going to be on the pill or something else, please, please, please use a condom when you're with your boyfriend. Pulling out is not a good method and is actually very ineffective. Before a guy orgasms, some fluid comes out of his penis that's called "precum" or pre-ejaculate. Since a guys penis uses the same tube to ejaculate and to pee out of, the pre-ejaculate happens to clear the way for the semen when he's about to climax. This pre-ejaculate can have sperm in it and it only takes one of those to get you pregnant. If he's wearing a condom though, it will catch the pre-ejaculate and the semen when he orgasms and will keep you safer in the long run.

Also, condoms do reduce your risk of catching an std. Please, please, please, please make him wear a condom for your own safety.
If you need anything else, let me know.
Peace,
jenn
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Your period is probably just messed up from stopping the pill. You can test again in a few days.
|

replied April 20th, 2005
Yes shes right it could just be your period sweetie
but i'm not sure sorry! :(
|

replied April 28th, 2005
No my period isnt mest up, I am pregnant. And now I dont know what to do next. My boyfriend and I are keeping it, and I have an doctors appointment may 19th.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...