Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Info For Anyone Concerned About Miscarriage

Anyone who bleeds at all during pregnancy should contact there doc. Asap. When I was supposdley 10 weeks pregnant I bleed one night for a few seconds I was really scared so I got on the internet to do research and it said many ppl bleed during pregnancy ...Etc so that calmned me down, then it happened 2 other nights so I called the emergency rooms and they said that it can be normal in some pregnancy but I should contact my doctor so the next week I went in and he gave me an ultrasound and found no heart beat and said it looks as if the fetus died at 8 weeks when I should have been like 12 weeks. One side of me was sad and confused and the other was relieved because I wasn't ready for a baby but I didn't want one to die. Anyways im not trying to scare anyone because im sure with some people it can be normal to bleed but still contact your doctor!

About a week or 2 after the doctor confirmed me of the miscarry I started having really bad pains like constipation but really really bad.And my stomach kinda cramped. I went to the emergency room but ended up leaving because the pain went away but I was told those "constipation pains" were similiar to how it feels when you have a baby (with no pain medicine).And they werent really constipation pains. And when I got home from the er I had passed a really big clot.
I went to the doctor last week he gave me an ultrasound and there were still pieces of stuff in my uterus but he gave me some medicine that I took for five days that makes you start your period and then he put me on birth control

well theres my story hope it helps someone in some way

( for those of you that don't know: when you have a miscarriage, a preg. Test will still show up positive if you have an incomplete miscarriage)

this is also a good story for someone that does not use protection but does not want to become pregnant use some type of protection! (we used a condom but it broke it was a cheapo condom I guess)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Info For Anyone Concerned About Miscarriage
lukitsme03 wrote:
anyone who bleeds at all during pregnancy should contact there doc. Asap. When I was supposdley 10 weeks pregnant I bleed one night for a few seconds I was really scared so I got on the internet to do research and it said many ppl bleed during pregnancy ...Etc so that calmned me down, then it happened 2 other nights so I called the emergency rooms and they said that it can be normal in some pregnancy but I should contact my doctor so the next week I went in and he gave me an ultrasound and found no heart beat and said it looks as if the fetus died at 8 weeks when I should have been like 12 weeks. One side of me was sad and confused and the other was relieved because I wasn't ready for a baby but I didn't want one to die. Anyways im not trying to scare anyone because im sure with some people it can be normal to bleed but still contact your doctor!

About a week or 2 after the doctor confirmed me of the miscarry I started having really bad pains like constipation but really really bad.And my stomach kinda cramped. I went to the emergency room but ended up leaving because the pain went away but I was told those "constipation pains" were similiar to how it feels when you have a baby (with no pain medicine).And they werent really constipation pains. And when I got home from the er I had passed a really big clot.
I went to the doctor last week he gave me an ultrasound and there were still pieces of stuff in my uterus but he gave me some medicine that I took for five days that makes you start your period and then he put me on birth control

well theres my story hope it helps someone in some way

( for those of you that don't know: when you have a miscarriage, a preg. Test will still show up positive if you have an incomplete miscarriage)

this is also a good story for someone that does not use protection but does not want to become pregnant use some type of protection! (we used a condom but it broke it was a cheapo condom I guess)
i'm sorry to hear that.. I hope everything is ok with you.. I was woundering did you know the condom broke? Or you just firgured when you got pregnant
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you for sharing your story! :)
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Thanks, I guess I am ok now.When he took it off we realized it had broken.

Your welcome ;)
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Experienced User
lukitsme03 wrote:
thanks, I guess I am ok now.When he took it off we realized it had broken.

Your welcome ;)
i see I was just woundering b/c I didn't know if you can tell if a condom breaks or not.. You see I have a confusing situation. I had protected (we used a condom)sex on dec. 17 and on the 19th I started my period, I had unprotected sex the first 2 days of my period which would be the 19th and the 20th.. My period was normal! Then I didn't have intercorse until dec. 31 jan 1and2nd (when I was ovulating) well i'm a bit confused b/c I had an ultra sound on feb. 15th which said I was 7 weeks and 6 days.. I'm pretty sure I got pregnant on the 31st... I was just woundering what do you think the chances of me getting pregnant 2 days before my period on the 17th.. We used protection and to my knowledge the condom didn't break.. Plus my Dr. Said that by felling my uteris I was 16 weeks when I should (in my mind) be 14weeks.. Do they always add 2 weeks on or is that a myth sorry this is my first pregnancy and i'm just confused as to whats going on..
|

replied April 19th, 2005
Well that was my first pregnancy to and my first miscarriage so I cant really tell you much you could have got pregnant one of those days you had unprotected sex like when you started your period, probably not the 17th because you said u used protection (our condom was from one of those things in public bathrooms were u can get them for like 25 cents<dunno why we got one of those just bein stupid I guess> and it was kinda to small and we were probably havin some hardcore sex lol) we knew the condom broke because my bf always inspects them when we are through. Im not sure about the adding 2 weeks thing, don't think they do but they could. They could have mis counted or did something wrong. You probably or may have got preg. 31 ,when you were ovulating. Don't be sorry I understand it is confusing especially for the first time. If you are concerned talk with your doctor about doing a re count or something. I know you can take away three months from your last period and then add 7 days and that gives you your 'estimated' due date you might can figure out something by doing that or you can count the weeks from your last period that will tell you how many weeks you are. Sorry if I didnt help much but I dont know a whole lot either. Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck!!

Great and most popular book to have throughout your pregnancy--
"what to expect when you are expecting"
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...