Hi

i have been diagnosed with mild depression/anxiety

i get chest pains and I can here rumbling noises in my chest I have had an xray but they said everythings clear and had a blood test and thats ok

ive been taking antidepressant for 10 days now and not feeling any better

ive feel on edge and cant calm down

is this anxiety????????

Regards

tom

any one got any ideas how to overcome this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi tom, how are you doing today? You said you've only been taking the medication for 10 days, weel I know that it often takes 2- 3 weeks for depression medication to kick in. So keep taking them and they will help somewhat. The rumbling in your chest may be anxiety. I know that when I get anxious, I unknowingly hold my breath and my chest starts to hurt and kind of feel wierd. Maybe you should tell the person who gave you the anti- depressants the problem with chest pains and stuff. This might be another symptom.
Do you often feel on the edge when you are with other people? When you are alone? I know to calm myself either when i'm with others or alone, I do breathing exercises for a few minutes like breathe in and out concentrating. Or when you are alone, try writing in a diary. Once you pour out all your emotions, you might feel a lot calmer becuase you've got that load off your chest. (this might help with the chest pain too). Well i'm glad you've at least taken the first step and gone ot the Dr. Take care.
|

replied April 16th, 2005
Help Me Please
Hi

cheers for the help feeling a bit better but still getting chest pains it seems to be there constantly.

Can this be due to anxiety

regards

tom
|

replied April 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Hello bigtonto81,

anxiety attacks are caused by an overproduction of adrenaline. Often this is due to a hypoglycemic dip, that the brain senses as a energy starvation.

This condition can be treated without recourse to drugs.

Please read:

"beating anxiety" at our web site.

Jurriaan plesman, ba(psych), post grad. Dip. Clin. Nutr.

For more articles see free web site at
Hypoglycemia.Asn.Au
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...