User Profile
Sometimes I have difficulty remembering names, numbers, and tasks. Could this be stress related, and are there early symptoms of alzheimers that can exhibit themselves before you are actually diagnosed with it?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper battlethespread
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Memory Loss
I cant offer much advice due to not knowing your general background i.E age but I will do my best. I had never heard of memory loss being stress related untill I saw you post and so decided to check it out. This is a link you might find useful http://www.Fi.Edu/brain/stress.Htm#stressm emory

i dont really know much about alzheimer's so I cant really comment on that. The only advice I can give is if you are really worried then go and see your doctor.

Finally some memory improvement techniques: practice these regularly and your memory performance will increase dramatically.

Use association when trying to memorize objects. For instance group the difficult to remember task or object with somthing which you dont need to remember, like places in your home or a very farmiliar route. Imagiane them at memorable points and when you think of the easy to remember area you will remember the object placed there.

I dont have the time to write out a full list so use this link http://www.Mindtools.Com/memory.Html

hope this helps
paul
|

replied January 2nd, 2007
Free Online Memory Courses
Hi,

just thought i'd let you know there are simple techniques that can help with memory loss if you are feeling there may be a loss. The site is at edit and has free online courses to assist you to improve your memory and manage memory loss. It also provides courses on speed reading and personal development.

Let me know what you think,

thanks

tansel
|

replied February 1st, 2007
Re: Memory Loss?
danielv wrote:
sometimes I have difficulty remembering names, numbers, and tasks. Could this be stress related, and are there early symptoms of alzheimers that can exhibit themselves before you are actually diagnosed with it?

danielv,

post a little bit about yourself ie: age

it would help out so people can refine there search.

Cheers,

robby fields
contributor
www.Diagnofind.Com
|

replied February 4th, 2007
The early symptoms of alzheimer's disease include forgetfulness, loss of concentration,etc.

Many people expect increasing memory loss as they age, but impaired memory has more to do with stress, according to a mcgill research project.

Phosphatidylserine plays a role in neurotransmission, may support brain function and boost memory and is therefore important in this memory supplement. The acetyl group that is part of acetyl-l-carnitine contributes to the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is required for healthy cognitive function and promotes enhanced memory and cell to cell communication. Huperzine a also helps maintain acetylcholine levels. Ginkgo biloba is included in this memory supplement and is used to enhance peripheral circulation to the brain and is thought to work with siberian ginseng to support good general well-being.

Please note that this is not to be taken as medical advice. If you are seeking treatment, please contact your healthcare professional.
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Hi ! I would suggest you try some herbs like Brahmi and Vacha (Bacopa and Acorus calamus). These herbs have unique memory boosting power without causing side effects. The herbs are indian herb and widely used by Ayurveda phycisians worldwide. You can search for herbal remedies for memory or alzheimer's disease on google for more details.
I hope this will help you a lot !
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Danielv
Like you I am also having difficulties in remembering thing, people etc...
Until recently I realized that it is caused by stress related I heard over the radio yesterday that there is studies that proved it may caused Alzheimer and dementia althought it only only 10-15% of such cases occured.
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Pretty Common
Memory loss is common in Alzheimer's disease. Some patients even have hallucinations along withe memory loss. You can find lot of information here : http://www.alzheimersmemoryloss.info
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Memory Loss
It could definitely be stress.

If it doesn't get better with time then I'd try some Chinese meds.

like those 3:

Cure Memory Loss With Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo Biloba is the oldest living tree specie with its leaves as one of the most widely studied botanicals of today.
Ginkgo is highly recommended all over Europe as a treatment for dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Studies show that it improves the cognitive functions of a person as well as his daily living activities. Ginkgo is available in capsule, tablet, tea, and liquid extract form. However, you have to seek medical advice on how to regularly it as a treatment for memory loss.

Ge Jie Da Bu Wan remedies For Memory Loss
This Chinese medicine made from the different tree roots that are found in China helps boost the qi (energy) and yang (functions of the organs in our body).
It also helps in nourishing the blood. For best results, take 3 capsules of ge jie da bu wan 2 times a day.

Gui Pi Wan for Memory Loss Treatment
This Chinese herbal formula is believed to be effective in treating poor memory and concentration.
Gui Pi Wan is made of 100% pure and authentic Chinese herbs of high quality. Traditional preparations and procedures are combined with modern pharmaceutical ways of extracting the active ingredients from the herbs to create pills and tablets. Take a total of 8 pills per day thrice a day. The formula is best taken before meals.
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Some ideas
Hi Paul,

You might want to do a google search on new ways they diagnose alzheimer's. I heard there might be a new method where they take a sample of your blood and thru your analysis they can determine some risk factors.

I do think it could be stress related, however, since when I am stressed I forget certain things (and I am young).

Also, have you been given mmse test? (Mini-mental status examination)

Hope that helps..
|

replied July 17th, 2012
I can't offer much advice due to not knowing your general background.
The only advice I can give is if you are really worried then go and see your doctor.

Original some memory improvement techniques: practice every time and your memory performance will build dramatically.

Thanks a lot
Mahmud Khan
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2012
Experienced User
I've have found much research on Glutathione and Alzheimer. There are numerouis research papers and studies on the causes of Alzheimers. Science does not fully understand the causes of Alzheimers disease.

There is growing evidence that life time exposures to toxins, diet, genes, and oxidative stress are all suspects. If fact, they may be co-conspirators i this greatest of all thievery, the stealing of our memories.

The national institute of aging has funded research to help better understand the genetic aspect of Alzheimers.
|

replied August 21st, 2012
danielv wrote:
Sometimes I have difficulty remembering names, numbers, and tasks. Could this be stress related, and are there early symptoms of alzheimers that can exhibit themselves before you are actually diagnosed with it?

If all these things are at initial stage then no need to be panic. It can be due to stress. But if you realize your problem at a big level then you should consult a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2012
Experienced User
what feels when you don't remember anything related to you.
|

replied May 11th, 2018
Experienced User
Herbal supplements are the herbal pills to improve brain power and mental alertness that work entirely naturally by the help of potent components.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....