I have heard marijuana has several medical advantages, when not abused . What are they?

I know that people who have loss of appetite: it helps them eat.

Depression: I heard it helps people suffering from depression

any other advantages.
O ya. Helps people with alheizmors disease and muscle pains
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Glamorgirli
|

replied April 12th, 2005
Are you on meds? If so, check out the interaction profiles.

Cannibis shouldn't cause too many problems, but it might. If you are bipolar for example.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied April 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Marijuano
What do you mean "interaction profiles"
|

replied April 12th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm pretty sure it can help people with glaucoma, but i'm not sure how. This is an easy subject to search on the web, if you havent tried it yet.
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Re: Marijuano
midwest wrote:
what do you mean "interaction profiles"

you have to ask your doctor to check that it doesn't interact nastily with anything that you are taking.
|

replied April 19th, 2005
Re: Marijuana
Let me tell you all something it should be used in medical purposes only... The reason why I say that is because my father did drugs and now he has ruined my family stay away from drugs they are stupid you don't need them listen to me....Drugs are for no good low down losers who can't keep a job so they need something to "relax" them grow up this is life you can't always have something to depend on....Don't ruin your life or someone elses
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I feel that medical marijuana is o.K. Under certain circumstances but @ this time it is getting out of control, dr's. Are feeding pot heads. There was a dr(?) that got busted a while back that was selling medical marijuana certificates over the internet.
There was also a special on tv not too long ago that showed how much worse the mj is now compared to the 1960's and it is cut with so much toxic chemical such as meth and bad stuff.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied September 20th, 2011
chemicals
just to let you know the medical marijuana has no chemicals or stuff like that sprayed on to it it's the drug dealers out on the streets who weight it down with PCP and other harmful substances to make it weigh more so they can make more money and in the process the user has a drug in his system that is truly harmful
|

replied May 3rd, 2005
I am not sure how effective marijuana is when it comes to treating depression, but I imagine it's the same as any other drug. Different people are going to have different responses.

I believe medical marijuana can be beneficial under the right circumstances and under a doctor's supervision. It seems a lot of people who use pot to cope with depression are self-medicating. This is not a good idea, especially since it can do far more damage than good.
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Marijuana is a depressant. It can't help depression.
|

replied May 19th, 2005
1. Eric, those are some pretty harsh words. You shouldn't be passing judgement on people in here.
2. Marijuana is not a depressant. It is a hallucinagenic.
3. You can't put marijuana in the same catagory as cocaine, heroin, ect. It's not a manufacture substance. If so you should label alcohol and ciggettes as well. I can say this much. Alcohol is 10 times worst than any weed.
4. I have self medicated my depression with weed for many years. Without it I would probably be dead. I had to go through alot of bad crap at a very young age causing me to grow up way to quick. Later leading to suicidal thoughts. Weed just makes me not think about what bothers me. I don't drink or do any other drugs. Just pot.
|

replied May 21st, 2005
jiltedheart wrote:

i thought marijuana was a downer. Which is a depressent.
|

replied May 24th, 2005
Wow!!! I hope you understand that some perceptions of cannabis are distorted and uneducated!

That being said, I feel I am very well educated on this subject! :wink:

i have been depressed on and off throughout my life. I didnot start smoking to ward off depressive thoughts. Though as this bout of anviety and depression set in this year in full and devestating effect...I have used cannabis to deter my thoughts from romping down a fast and messy path.

What I am saying, is do not rely on cannabis to "cure" you. Because it won't by any means. But, if you are a sufferer of obsessive, scary thoughts. If you feel a need for something to relax you, perhaps to help elate your feelings, to distract your mind...I feel that cannabis may indeed have some positive effects for you.

Though, as is with every substance that is put into the body, cannabis does not react with every person in the same way. And, depressive thoughts, and sometimes anxious thoughts still can surface.

My thoughts are this is a natural beautiful plant, given to us by our creator, to use (not abuse) to bring us higher, and closer to our earth, ourselves, and all that exists.
(if this sounds like hippy-crap....Then disregaurd everything I said, and buzz off :mrgreen: )
good day to you
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Fist canabis is not a depressant, secondly its not in general a hallucinogenic drug (except in the odd variety), and thirdly it can cuase schizophrenia and paranoia which I know becuase I have had sympoms of schizophrenia and was strongly advised not to use it.
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Weed is apparently really good for people with physical pain. But i'd doubt that it would help someone with depression. I mean with my depression I felt unmotivated and sluggish and this is only my reaction to weed but most of the time it definatly doesn't give me energy, it makes me mellow and less likely to get up. Probably not great for depression, but I reckon that weed can be used medically and recreationally (in major moderation) and not !**@! you up. It's only when you start to abuse the drug, when it starts to ruin people's lives.

Oh and I totally agree that alcohol is so much worse than weed it is a very very scary drug and one that is socially accepted to binge on. Nothing is scarier than legal drugs.....Advertising is so manipulative and we don't even realise it.
|

replied January 6th, 2006
dakotalawdog wrote:
marijuana is a depressant. It can't help depression.

heck yes it does. I am a extreme depressive and i'm only happy when I smoke!! As funny as that sounds...
|

replied January 20th, 2006
I Do Not Agree With Eric
Eric,just because your dad had a drug problem does not mean marijuana is bad.Your dad chose to do the drugs so it is your fathers fault for ruining your family,only he had the power to stop it (not trying to be disrespectful)

i never use to smoke and them one day I tried it.If you smoke daily,all day long it is very much so a depressant,but say if you smoke only once ir twice a week or just when you are stressed it relieves your stress.And it does help you sleep and help your apetite.
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Oh and by the way,i am not a loser and I have a very good job working 40 hrs a week,and I am not lazy!
|

replied February 5th, 2006
Marijuana Is a Hallucinegenic
tawnie_j wrote:
dakotalawdog wrote:
marijuana is a depressant. It can't help depression.

heck yes it does. I am a extreme depressive and i'm only happy when I smoke!! As funny as that sounds...

I know, I was the same way, I was addicted to anything that could mask my pain and make me feel "happy" first it was alcohol, then mj, then meth, then when I had no access to anything I crashed, had a mental breakdown, lost my marraige. Finally went to counselling. Sure it's hard and scary. My counselor opened doors I had shut for years. Now i'm on meds and in counseling. Its a challenge. But it's real life.

Good luck to you
|

replied February 6th, 2006
Experienced User
jiltedheart wrote:
1. Eric, those are some pretty harsh words. You shouldn't be passing judgement on people in here.

3. You can't put marijuana in the same catagory as cocaine, heroin, ect. It's not a manufacture substance. If so you should label alcohol and ciggettes as well. I can say this much. Alcohol is 10 times worst than any weed.
4. I have self medicated my depression with weed for many years. Without it I would probably be dead. I had to go through alot of bad crap at a very young age causing me to grow up way to quick. Later leading to suicidal thoughts. Weed just makes me not think about what bothers me. I don't drink or do any other drugs. Just pot.

ok I totally disagree with you
1. When I was in my loser rebelious stage trying weed,along with a few other drugs; I never remember seeing pink elephants or anything while smoking it so it can't be a hallucinagenic,( it would have to be laced with a nother drug) it never made me hyper so its definitly not a stimulent..What did it make me...Lazy! Oh and alcohol is labled as a drug if you havent heard! Its a depressant, why do you think people go to aa meetings?

2. Eric didn't seem as though he was passing judgment to me, he was simply telling you the harsh truth, drugs, including weed can ruin peoples lives, and not just the person whos doing them!

3. Self medicating yourself with weed and espically for depression, is the dumbest thing anyone can do! Your running away from the problems and not dealing with reality!!! When the drug wares away guess what? The problem is still there, so your just going to smoke another joint and kill some more brian cells! Hey maybe it will kill your memory, then you wont remember anything.. That might help!

4. Did you hear about the drug dealers surgiclly putting the drugs actually inside puppies. Why would you buy it from careless dealers like that dosn't matter what dealer your getting it from..........Just because of that anyone who buys any drug illegally is a worthless wast of oxygen in my book! Can you imagine how much pain the puppies were in!

5. I'm not against it being used medically! If it will help someone cope with cancer, ms, or any other dibilitating disease let them have it
|

replied February 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It worked for me--on the depression, but when I was without it--more depression than originally.

It worked for a pain reliever--i had arthritis in my knees hurt every day-- only time I had relief was on marijuanna.

It made me so happy---i did get energy from it--my friends thought I was crazy--i smoked only the best though!!

My excessive use--turned to a horrible anxiety attack--and I had to stop completely. 11 years mentally addicted to pot.

They use for kemo--helps pple eat
they use for glocoma(sp)--
they use for pain relief--
and possibly for pple who cant sleep--

edited for errors
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....