I'm sure many of you have been down this road, but a friend of mine has been going from Dr. To Dr. And has yet to find the answer. She has a lot of swelling and pain in feet, back, hands. It started with a swollen finger, unable to bend, they did surgery to see if she had a bone infection but that came out clear. The finger still does not bend. Sometimes she can hardly walk the bottoms of her feet hurt so much. She has been tested for a lot of stuff including beri beri, reiters, gout and lupus to name a few. She is not tired all the time just swelling and pain. I guess she just has to continue searching for an answer. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! Is there a lot of burning pain. You might check out rsd, it is hell on earth. It could be some type of a neuropathy syndrome. Hope you find some answers quick. Has she been to a neurologist or a pain clinic? Keep us posted.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Next appoint. Is neuroligy (sp) and no she hasnt dealt with the pain side yet as been trying to do the diagnosis first. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Oh Yea
And no not so much burning pain as swollen hot pain. By the way what is rsd?
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....