Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Orthomolecular Psychiatry

Have anyone tried the orthomolecular psychiatry, for schyzophrenia,
i need a message from someone whom has been on medication for a long period than have shifted for the orthomolecualr psychiatry or the homeopathy medicine.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2007
Auditory Hallucinations
My 12 year old son has a hard time focusing in school. He is very organized. very smart but has a hard time completing homework and handing it in. Has friends but displays some strange behaviors which is alienating some classmates. I asked him why he can't write his homework down for each class bring it home and do it. This has been going on his entire school career. He started crying today and told me he has this voice that talks to him and tells him what to do. He said it is very vivid like it is standing right next to him. He said it is not mean, but it is telling him which homework to bring home and what to not, among other things. What could this be?
|

replied November 5th, 2007
Experienced User
michkenian, you should take your boy to the psychiatrist right away, this is psychosis and could very well be shizophrenia. Tell him not to listen and not do what the voice wants.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....