I dont have any insurence to go to the emergancy room. But I know that I have an earifection and I wanted to know if any one knew of anything that you can do to help clear it up over the counter? There are homeopathic things you can do but are they safe for pregancy? I am 36 weeks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Ear Infection????
angelkay167 wrote:
i dont have any insurence to go to the emergancy room. But I know that I have an earifection and I wanted to know if any one knew of anything that you can do to help clear it up over the counter? There are homeopathic things you can do but are they safe for pregancy? I am 36 weeks.

you could try a chemist or phamasist and ask them thay are normally able to help
|

replied May 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Antibiotics are the only thing I know that treats and ear infection. I am kinda in the same boat as you but I have asthma. When ever I feel an upper respiritory infection coming on I can my ob and tell her that I need antibiotics, then an hour or two later I pick it up from walgreens.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
go to a regular dr. the office visit is usually 60 bucks...don't do anything or take anything unless your dr tells you it is safe. there are some antibiotics you can take but some herbs and over the counter stuff is very harmful to you and the baby. If you don't have a regular dr...go find one!!!
|
Must Read
What is an ear infection, exactly? Learn the medical definition for ear infections and the types of ear infection that doctors diagnose here....
What causes an ear infection? We review the main causes of ear infection, and the risk factors that contribute to its development....
Pain from the ear is the most obvious symptom of an ear infection? But how do children exhibit signs or symptoms of ear infection? More info here....