Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Can You Get Your Pre-pregnancy Body Back?

Excited about being pregnancy but a liitle worried about how I will look after? Does you stomach go back to normal? How long do stretch marks last?

I know that models and actress look pretty good after but no $ for surgury!

Please let me know? :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
You have to work out and eat healthy and diet to get it all back. Some women go back to normal but alot dont. The stretch marks stay for a while and the stomach does too unless you work really hard at losing it. Like running and excercises. But alot of excersizing!
|

Thanks Nikki
:d

thank you, you have given me a bit of hope! I will be due around june so I can do some jogging etc........ Any idea how long you have to wait after delivery to start exercising? Idea
|

Work Out!!!!!!
My sister had a baby, and it took her 4 months to look normal again. The doctor told her it was because she breast fed. When you breast feed it helps your stomach contract a little bit. I hope that helps you out. Laughing
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Honey along with having a baby comes the sacrifice of your little oh-so perky body! Lol your tummy will never be like it was before no matter how hard you try (with the exception of my aunt who put her jeans back on the day after delivery) and stretch marks...Well they last for good although they do fade over time. Try to use coconut butter and things like that on your stomach so that your skin becomes more supple and stretches more easily! Beleive me that beautiful baby is worth all the marks and pouches! Best of luck!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Your doc will let you know when you can start excersizing. But just work at it and hopefully you can be back to the same. As for me, once I pop a kid out, im gonna run my butt off!
|

Experienced User
Everyone Is Different...
The day that I gave birth to my first baby I put my pre-pregnancy cloths back on. Now that I have given birth to my second, I can't seem to lose the weight. I don't know about stretch marks, I didn't get any. Besides if I never lose this ten lbs. I'll still be happy knowing that my boys are healthy and happy!

Good luck, and remember, it's all worth it!

Marissa
|

Me
I looked better after having three kids than I did before having my first baby, but yes, everybody is different. Stretch marks can be prevented by a little bit of ab excercise while pregnant, ask your doc what's okay. Plus doing the abs helped my labor go faster, didn't have to push at all! Good luck!
|

replied November 6th, 2003
Experienced User
Hey
Hey

how many of u have stretch marks?? I am almost 8 months along and I have none on my stomach... Since I found out I was pregnant I would rub vitamin e lotion on my tummy every night and morning do u think that might help not get them..

Christina
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...