I found a site that tells pretty much alll the symptoms u get from worrying or panic attacks. Hopfully this will relive some of your worrys.

Here are some of the many symptoms associated with anxiety disorder (because each person has a unique chemical make up, the symptoms and their intensity will vary from person to person):

body
burning sensations throughout the body
chronic fatigue
electric shock feeling
excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax.
Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
feeling cold or chilled
hyperactivity, excess energy
increased or decreased sex drive
muscle twitching
no energy, feeling lethargic, tired
numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
persistent muscle tension, stiffness
sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
startle easily
sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
the floor feels like it is moving either down or up for no reason
trembling or shaking
urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom
warm spells
weak legs, arms, or muscles

chest
chest pain or discomfort
concern about the heart
feel like you have to force yourself to breath
find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath
frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
heart – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat, palpitations
heart - irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

emotions
dramatic mood swings
emotional blunting
emotions feel wrong
frequently feel like crying for no reason

fears
a heightened fear of what people think of you
afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits
constant feeling of being overwhelmed.
Fear of being in public
fear of dying
fear of losing control
fear of impending doom
fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
fear that you are losing your mind
fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
need to find nearest washrooms before you can feel comfortable
need to seat near exits

head
dizziness or light-headedness
frequent headaches, migraine headaches
feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
stiff head and neck
giddiness
shooting pains in the face
shooting pains in the scalp or head
when you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache

hearing
frequent or intermittent reduced hearing or deafness in one or both ears
low rumbling sounds
ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head

mind
desensitization, depersonalization
fear of going crazy
fear of losing control
fear of impending doom
feelings of unreality
frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
having difficulty concentrating
obsession about sensations or getting better
repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
you often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders

mood
always feeling angry and lack of patience
depression
feeling down in the dumps
feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
frequently feel like crying for no apparent reason
have no feelings about things you used to
underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
you feel like you are under pressure all the time

mouth/stomach
a ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste
choking
constant craving for sugar or sweets
constipation
diarrhea
difficulty swallowing
dry mouth
feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat
feeling like your tongue is swollen
frequent upset stomach, bloating, gaseous
ibs
lack of appetite or taste
nausea or abdominal stress
the thought of eating makes you nauseous
tight throat, lump in throat
vomiting

sleep
difficulty falling or staying asleep
frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
jolting awake
waking up in a panic attack
you feel worse in the mornings

sight
distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
dry, watery or itchy eyes
eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
eyes sensitive to light
spots in the vision
flashing lights when eyes are closed
your depth perception feels wrong

touch
numbness
pain
tingling, pins and needles feelings

other symptoms are described as:
being like a hypercondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:
• having a heart attack
• having a serious undetected illness
• dying prematurely
• going insane or loosing your mind
• harming yourself or someone you love uncontrollably
• being embarrassed or making a fool out or yourself
• losing control
• fainting in public
• not breathing properly
• choking or suffocating
• being alone
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Hypochondriac1028
|
Users who thank Hypochondriac1028 for this post: nikki1408 

replied March 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Oh crap! That aheppend to me during my first few days of getting panic attacks. I was in bed because I was afraid to leave my room and I felt real weird again and I got a pain in my head I forget were it was and then I felt like a liqoud running down my skull
|

replied March 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Sorry man, didnt know the symtpoms would bother you. They make me feel better when I read them and im in a panic figured it might help others to
|
Users who thank Hypochondriac1028 for this post: haxomps 

replied March 29th, 2005
New to the Site
Hi i'm new to the site but joined so I could thank you for posting this (and the previous list of symptoms) - this has been a great help for me especially today sitting freaking out at work.

It's nice to read the list, it helps confirm that this really is anxiety and not some strange disease :)

i think it was the hand itchy one that made me feel better, i've not seen it mentioned anywhere else and when i'm feeling anxious my hands and fingers itch.

My new thing that's bothering me the past few days is a strange throbbing in m lower back :roll:
|

replied March 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Hypochondriacs!
Lol im the same way man. Every little thing I feel I think im dying from it. Reading the symptoms is the biggest relief ive ever found so far so I jus posted it up in case it would help someone else. Its amazing how much stuff anxiety can make u feel but were not gonna die from it no matter hpw bad it gets lol
|

replied April 20th, 2005
Did Anyone Ever
Hi i'm new and exceted I found others to talk to.
Has anyone ever woke up from a nap suddenly with your heart beating so hard you could see your shirt move and hear it in your ear. Every breath I took shook from my heart beating so hard, and my whole body felt tight even my jaw. It took almost 10 minutes to ware off. Is this normal?
|

replied May 14th, 2005
Wow
I've been suffering with crazy symtoms for almsot 2 years now...Horrible bad anxiety attacks, and a bunch of other symptoms that I never thought were connected to anxiety, just because of the fact that they would occure when an anxiety "attack" wasn't present. I've had pretty much chronic diarreah for a year...Its kind of stopped now thank god!...But also things like headaches, neck aches, neck and shoulder stiffness, aches and pains all over, nausia, sore throat on and off, and insane, horrible anxiety attacks...Plus every other symptom mentioned above...Its been a very stressful year...And I now have a really really bad case of hypochondriasis...My big fear is death, and being afraid that i'm dying of something...Especially hiv...Think my fear of that is when all these other symptoms started happening...The mind is a very powerful thing, and even more powerful when you lose control of it...Anyways i'm still battleing this...Being afraid of getting tested for hiv...And hoping to god that all the symtoms i'm having is caused my an anxiety disorder and not something thats gonna kill me....
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi, I wanna thankyou for starting this topic - but one thing u haven't mensioned above is headaches, man they are really horrible things, and I have them everyday, worse in the morning and have done for 5 months now, cat scan blood tests, normal, I am still soo convinced that I have a brain tumour or an aneurysm or at least a blood clot. I can feel my pulse beating so hard in my head, and every time it does, it just feels like my head pumps up, filling with blood, man its hooooooooorrible.

James
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Can hypochondriasis last a lifetime?
|

replied July 11th, 2005
Hi, over the last few years I had many of these symptoms including moderate fever caused by depression and anxiety.
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Sad isnt it.But I still believe the cure it your thoughts and your ability to keep moving even if you really dont want to.Gotta get out and live life.Feel the fear and do it anyway.
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Thank You
I was told by my doctor I was having panic attacks and he medicated me but it made me nervous, so I went to a psychologist thinking I was diagnosed with the wrong thing. Thhe psychologist told me I had generalized anxiety. That made sense to me, but I was assured there would be no more attacks. Today I was just walking through the apartment and boom, my mouth goes dry, can't breathe, and then how some of you described it; the upper part of my back and head was on fire which lead to tingles in my head and then a rush of fluid. Once I slowly breathing it started slowly going away. I never felt the loss of breath and head tingles. The ones I had a while back ago were tingles through my left arm and fast heart beat. I ran in here looking for answers. God, don't go to web md. Talk about insomnia. The point is I wanted to thank you for putting the symptoms up. It's good to know it wasn't a stroke. Now I don't know what I have. I better go worry about that now. Funny this all started with a lump in my throat.
|

replied November 29th, 2006
Thank You
Thank you very much for some affirmation of the symptoms of stress & anxiety. I know it is a relief to many anxiety sufferers just to know that they are not alone & others are going through the same thing. To an extent just talking about it (even on the internet) relieves alot of stress.
I myself have suffered for 10 or 15 years (probably always) with anxiety to one degree or another and one thing I have found is the more you educate yourself with anxiety symptoms & once you realize it is common & will not kill you or you will not go crazy, you will simply get all worked up, & eventually it will pass, you can, perhaps learn to control or at least more quickly dismiss the panic. It's kinda like being afraid of a monster under the bed, it can keep you hostage for a long time, unless you lift the bed & see.....There is nothing. Anxiety to me is alot the same (when i'm thinking rationally) recognize that getting all stressed is ok, but lets try not to give it more power to run our days than it deserves. Recognize that you are stressed, the symptoms will pass & move on to other things. The faster you concentrate on something else, waala, the anxiety subsides. I don't mean to suggest I have this down packed, just trying to help. I still work on controling my worry, I find myself with any health issue, anticipating the worst possible outcome, fortunately so far, that hasn't happened, but my frustration is the days, days, I have spent unhappy & with a knot in my stomach, anticipateing some awful test results or doctors appointment, only to find out it was in vain. I think it is a shame & very badly channeled energy of most probably, very smart, active brains. I'd like to think that with every bad there is good, & maybe we with such active brains, imaginations, whatever you may believe, that there is a good side & in another part of our lives, we are as energetic & dynamic at doing some good as we are at being self destructive & worrying. Good luck to all living with a level of anxiety uncomfortable in their lives, don't feel alone, be strong & relax.
|
Users who thank Lisamarie0013 for this post: nikki1408 

replied December 12th, 2006
Just wondering if constant butterflies is a a syptom of anxiety....Ive been having them for the past 2 days...I used to be uptight frequently but its gottn worse.0 its a constans "flutter" in my stomach.
|

replied December 12th, 2006
Hey rainfall.....
Thats strange you ask that because for the past 2 day I have had butterflies in my stomach all day and I couldnt figure out why. I thought I was having some kind of stomach problem!
Your not alone
|

replied December 13th, 2006
Thanks for the post....I have been suffering from gad for about a year now and everytime I will read symtoms I will feel better....But I can't stop thinking about the universe and reality and how everything is real, its very frightning and it puts me in a scary state of mind...I mean I keep telling myself not to think of it but I can't and im afriad im going to blow my mind if I keep thinking like this..It really really sucks and I get very depressed sometime when I think of it...Is this normal to be thinking like this with anxiety...I feel im on a differn't page then everyone else with anxiety...
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Strees
Hi everybody I'm Mike. I sufer from stress and over the last 3 years my strees symptoms have been geting worse. I dont know what to do. I get realy worried sometimes. I worry about the posible facts of havin somekind of desease. I want to thank the person who posted all the posible strees symptoms, I think it was "hypocondriac" who posted them.
I just turned 25 years old and i had the worst birthday ever. Sometimes I feel that i have ben taking my health for granted when I thing of the past years when i did not have to deal with these symptoms. I feel as if I would be superhuman if I actual left these symptoms behind, because even though I sufer like this from not being able to relax, worrying all the time, waking up in the midle of the night gasping for air, going through all kinds of unplesant sensations in my daily life, I still exercise and try to do everything and actualy i try to deal with stress. Even though I have enormous amount of stress i still controll it somehow, I think I'm very strong. I think sometimes, because I'm a relegious person and I beleive in Allah strongly, I think that maybe he is trying to put me through this because he want's me to appreciate everybreth I take, and I actualy do everytime i catch a good breath. Im constantly feeling breathles, I cant breathe and it's like I have to gasp for air to get a good breath and when I do it's like I made up for those other times when I could not get a good breath. However it's true, I do get stressed allot and that is very foolish of me. Everytime when i get streesed or angry it's like i have been excercising with my brain and i get mentaly tired and i regret geting angry.
Because of this strees and symptoms I cant push my self physicaly and exercise the way I want to and how much i want to. Sometimes I look up in the sky and I actuly try to speak to god and I tell him: why are you doing this to me, what have I done and I beg and beg him to heal me and let me breathe once again. Everytime I get a chance to make a with somehow whether it's blowing the candles for my birthday, seeing a falling star or come acros an eylash in my face, I with I could breathe again.
|

replied July 4th, 2007
BigMan16 wrote:
Man... I have gotten horrible in the past few days... My anxiety is through the roof I worry about every disease from hiv to ms!!!!!!!!!! Every ache I think I have a disease....... In fact I am breaking down as I read this.... I am getting so depressed over this

I am the same way atm.. I ahve been to the drs so many times I cannot count.
I even did a HIV test myself.. once I get the all clear from one thing, some other symptom comes out and I ahve some new disease.. its horrible.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
I also have anixty i feel foggy headed, shaky legs,. very dry mouth take water with me everywhere,sometimes when i wake up my heart is going 100 miles a hour feel like im going to pass out or lose control i hate this feels like you are all alone. You look at other people around you and wish you could be like them. I sufferd anixty for years when i was younger after about 6 years i just got so mad at myself i started to fight back,was anixty free for about 8 years then all the sudden here it comes again im trying to fight it but its very difficult,keep thing there is more worng, had an ekg blood work hormones check they say everthing is fine.but it feels like something is very worng im so tired of this. wish there was a magic pill that i could give to all of us
|

replied January 5th, 2008
i couldnt believe how many of these symptoms i had.. pretty much all of them except a couple like the vomiting thing.
but i couldnt believe the symptom urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom
cuz thats been happening ALOT and i had no idea that it could be connected to everything else that had been happening i just feared that something was wrong in my bladder or something else down there.
well...... i'm very glad you posted this thank you very much.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...