Ever since exams (which I had been extremely stressed out for) my chiropractor has noticed something going on with my neck (c1 area and also the adrenals). She hasn't been able to get it to stay fixed so she put me on some supplements that help to regulate my hormones and noticed it has been helping (just started taking it). Now, i'm wondering if these are symptoms that have to do with the c1 area and nerveflow, etc.

Symptoms:

- constantly having rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- anxiety
- palpitations
- panic attacks after exercise (in which my heartbeat will race, i'll start shaking and my limps will be on pins and needles)
- fatigue
- mood swings
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2005
Chiropractic Question
Hey crippled, how are you doing?

Neurons in the c1 area initiate the cardiovascular response to ischemia localized tissue anemia due to obstruction of the inflow of arterial blood (as by the narrowing of arteries by spasm or disease), and mediate rapid sympathoexcitatory pressor response to acute hypoxia (as related to motionsickness). Direct violence to the spine is an uncommon cause of vertebral disruption; except for stab and bullet wounds, most spine injuries are the result of force applied at a distance.

Because a multitude of organ systems (eg, airway, vascular, neurological, gastrointestinal) are compressed into a compact conduit, a single penetrating wound is capable of considerable harm. Few emergencies pose as great a challenge as neck trauma.

A deeper cervical fascia envelops the sternocleidomastoid and trapezius muscles, as well as demarcates the pretracheal region (including the trachea, larynx, thyroid gland, and pericardium), the prevertebral area (containing the prevertebral muscles, phrenic nerve, brachial plexus, and axillary sheath), and the carotid sheath (enclosing the carotid artery, internal jugular vein, and vagus nerve). Seemingly innocuous wounds may not manifest clear signs or symptoms, and potentially lethal injuries could be easily overlooked or discounted.

Best wishes,
|
Did you find this post helpful?