User Profile
My computer, car, and guitar are my primary tools for work/play. I spend the majority of my day at the keyboard, on a laptop, or driving a 5 speed.

Typing hurts. Mousing hurts. Driving hurts. I'm only 23!

I'm experiencing to be (what I believe) are the signs of carpal tunnel. Is there anything I can do or change to alleviate these symptoms? I've tried ergonomic keyboards in the past but they don't quite suit my needs when it comes to using the computer for musical composition.

1. What has helped you guys? (i know i'm not the only one glued to a keyboard here! =)

2. Are there any types of relaxation techniques for this?

Thanks,
daniel

Last edited by danielv on February 25th, 2004 02:21 PM; edited 3 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2004
Carpal Tunnel ??
Some excellent sites for info are:

http://www.Ucsf.Edu/sorehand/

http://home.Mindspring.Com/~shin-on/handca re.Html

http://search.Netscape.Com/ns/browse?Id=13 2290&source=nscpbrowse

these will help you with correct diagnostics and there are plenty of helpfull stretches and excercises

don't overlook your pain / symptoms if you don't change the way you do your activities it will get worse-
from a off work assembly worker-medical leave-multiple rsi

please check out those web sites
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
I have been diagnosed with it. Without surgery your best help I would suggest is to wear an hand splints on everynight when sleeping whichever hand is ailing , it seems to get me through the day.
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Carpal Tunnell
With typical carpall trunnell your hands and arms ache. But, the biggest problem is that the hands go to sleep, especially during the night, or even resting on the sofa. I had carpal tunnell surgery about a year and a half ago. The sleeping part is better but when I over do it with my hands they still hurt. I guess if I had to do it again I would but it is not a percect fix. I wore braces for about 5 years before surgery but even that go to where it didnt help.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Thanks
I think you guys answered my questions. Smile

daniel
|

replied February 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Carpal Tunnel
Daniel, I am having two surgeries in about two weeks. One for carpal tunnel and one for a pinched tendon. My dr said it is only two incisions and local anes. And only 30 minutes. He also said there may be some stiffness afterward and arthritis down the line. I guess we all have to grin and bear it. Wink Wink
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....