It wasn't the being loaded that was the problem for me, it was the waking up unloaded that I couldn't stand. Alcohol wasn’t the problem, it was the solution.

I would come to in the morning, run straight to the bar and ask the bartender "christ man, I woke up sober, you got anything that will change that?"

any man can quit drinking, but if he isn't happy and sober at the same time it can't last. That's called going on the wagon, and it ain't no fun, and we don't do it for very long.

The question is how do I quit drinking, you know, get sober, and be happy about it?

That's the trick.

On the road to the good stuff
richard s.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2012
Maybe
I realize that this was posted over 6 years ago and I don't know if you found an answer or not, odds are you haven't even looked at this since you posted it. But just in case do you find you're answer? Because I desperately need to know how to be happy sober.
|

replied September 25th, 2012
kwh... i just recently quit meth and i find that being sober is better, because i look in the mirror everyday and say that i am better than tht... invest ur time in something u love to do!!!! for instance i focus on music and i love to do things associated with art... i am alot happier when im sober!!!! i hope this helps and i wish u the best
|

replied September 29th, 2012
It takes time to heal, happiness comes back. Eventually you work out what things are really important to you, and you start to really see clearly again. This is when I started feeling normal again and on some days, even happy, but you are changed, at least I am, but that is not really a bad thing...peace and strength.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....