User Profile
Summed up version and dont mind if theres some spotty parts I was like dillusional afterwards!

So yeah friday morning at like 8 am my mom called me and asked for my doctors phone number I gave it to her and went back to bed (i had an appt that day at 12:45 and a fetal assessment test at 2 pm) so my mom called back at 11 saying she had just talked to her and that they had no intentions of inducing me until I hit the 42 week mark that they were just going to let me ride it out and that he would come when he was ready... I was so mad! So yeah we head off to the doctors and I started feeling off! I was having contractions they started at 11 am coming and going we get into the docs office and she does her check up hes heart rate was alittle low so she left and then came back and was likeokay so we will induce you monday afternoon I just checked with the head doc and he says call him when you wake up then come on in... I was sooo excited I just hugged her! Haha so she hands me my chart and we head up to fetal assessment...I wasnt even on those monitors for 5 minutes when she goes "didnt you say you were in l&d last night" I was like "yeah" shes like i'm gunna go get a second opinion but I dont think they should have ever sent you home... So the head lady comes in and does it for like 2 seconds and was like well hun how does a baby sound today? I was like what? Shes like your not going home your amniotic fluid is dropping by the hour and so were booking you a room in l&d right now... (i was like in utter shock I didnt know if I was suppose to me happy or scared!) haha so we get it there its about 2:30-3 then it hits me I am not gunna be able to eat! Haha we had plans to go out to a huge lunch since I hadnt eaten all morning or the evening before I had a loss of appetite haha so I starved thru my labor! So I was just jazzed like dancing around the room and all that... (haha the fun soon came to an end...) I hadnt been having contractions then they came agian they came long and hard! But it was puuureee back labor... Nothing in my tummy or down there... I couldnt move.. My labor was progressing quickly (in the end no slow times no breaks only 16 hours of hard intense labor) so yeah the pain was horrible and there was nothing they could do about it... My epidural was given at 3 cm (it wasnt bad at all) even though I was informed not only was I a high risk labor patient but the epidural wasnt really going to help at all since my pain was solely in my back. The next few hours were just tears and contractions... I threw up a total of 3 times in labor... I was put on pitocin and a cathider they broke my water at about 4-5 cm then the pain really started to come in my anethesiaologist was super worried about me and came in on the hour every hour... There were a few problems with the baby and how he was coming down and I wasnt breathing very well... Then it came to pushing... Well my problem was with back labor not only it is uncommon but most woman who have it it goes away 1/2 way thru me it stayed the whole time I was movign all over crying and screaming (not like a crazy lady just in pain) I think like 100 ppl say me butt naked! Haha I didnt care who was in that room (remember before how paranoid I was) so yeah then the baby was right on my rectum and not moving... I could have sworn I had to poop I kept telling them yelling I have to poop and if they dont let me poop I will have a nervous breakdown even though they kept informing me I didnt and it was the baby... So I tried anyways out of sheer pain the baby wasnt dropping mixed with me trying to poop which is just like pushing they put in an order for a c section I started freaking out so yeah I was like pushing when I shouldnt have and just couldnt stop because I was in so much pain they told me I was tearing my cervix (i.E. No more kids for me) and stressing the baby out so I had to stop... I was loosing my mind in agony (worst pain ever) so yeah my mom compared me to the troll from that movie troll in central park under the bridge I was bright red in total sobbing tears in agony... I felt so bad for paul he was having such a hard time he kept having to leave and come back he hated seeing me in the pain I was in and he lost it when I finally pulled him close and begged him in tears to help me help the pain go away that I couldnt handle it... He like started crying.. (some !**@! in the lobby told him real men dont cry hes like !**@! you dude!) so yeah I would like cuss you out then apologize profushly... So then then I went from 6-9 cms in a matter of minutes and they told me I could start pushing he was stuck in the canal and I had a lip so they ended up giving me an episiotomy I dont even remember that I was blacking out my whole pregnancy they kept forcing me awake I was just having dizzy spells so yeah I started pushing (in all it was 45 minutes of push push push) what was happening was by that point I hadnt eaten in like 40 hours I was tired, in pain, having contractions, and sore out of my mind I just couldnt handle it so what they did since I could barely hold my head up let alone hold my legs to push was they put a bar up over the bed and tired this like sheet thing to it and had me grip my hands around that to push so julie was holding my head up for me and I would grab that pulling myself up and push (4 sets of 10-15 seconds) over and over agian... It started burning sooo bad when he started coming out since I had no numbingness down there what so ever the epidural (i was informed) did nothing for me down there since my back was like absorbing or trying to absorb the medicine from all the pain so I felt everything ever inch of his big fat head coming out... Id push and his head would be right there and like then go back in! Out of the like 10 ppl in the room the only voice I heard was pauls... He was so helpful! Oh and I heard my mom and all of her "omg omg omg ahhh's!" haha so yeah his head finally slowly started coming out and I kept reaching down to feel him... Then his head was out and finally his shoulders (most babies after their shoulder just like slide out haha nope! I still had quite some pushing to do and he has wide hips) so yeah finally he came out it was the weirdest !**@! feeling like when his whole body just flew out... They were like doing a bunch of stuff to him down there and I kept begging to let me hold him she said since he had such a dramatic entrance they had to bring him to the table asap... But brought him upclose for a second and let me kiss him! He was beautiful and so clean he didnt have like any blood on him only water when he came out... Like the blood just repelled off of him it was on his head only... But his feet were blue! So yeah itwas a massive blurr after that I didnt know the time or day or how much he weighed... They finally gave him back after like 20 minutes but were worried about me since all my vitals were really low... I tried breast feeding but kept passing out so they ended up taking him back and gave him to my mom and paul... (paul cut his cord!) and was all proud of himself for changing him for the first time and gave him the bath in the hospital and dressed him haha it was too cute... So yeah at about 8:45 they moved us over to recovery I was feeling alot better and was actually able to walk around perfectly by like 10 am I wasnt even informed till way later (thinking I could go home the next day) that I was staying the weekend...I guess I had a crazy ass fever afterwards ontop of my low vitals my blood pressure was sky rocketing and I wasnt sleeping... So yeah I had to stay! He was having a very hard time breast feeding and was only eating like every 8 hours and sleeping like crazy! I had soo many visitors... My mom is in love with him haha she was looking at him and was just like thats it you are so moving back in the house! Hahah what was really cute I thought was my step dad has never been around a baby or even a little kid... And plus I didnt think we were "on good terms" so like when everyone left (including paul he went home for some sleep and a shower) my step dad showed up and sat with me alone for like 4 hours! I was amazed! But he wouldnt hold the baby he was like scared of him... The youngest person hes been around was my brother when he was like in 3rd grade. So yeah when my mom came back I told her jay wouldnt hold him so she made him... Haha now jays obsessed with him calling him his grandson and loving him and kissing him sent everyone in the world his pictures and like made letter heads for work with his picture and stuff its hilarous (for those who know jay from the begining hes the same step dad who wrote out a contract for me saying he'd buy me a new car if I had an abortion) haha now hes in love. He calls me like 5 times a day to check on us.
We were almost going to have to stay till tuesday because not only was I not 100% impriving but my little mans bili tests were low... So I begged to go home and we just ended up having to come back tuesday morning for a baby appt.. Hes doing okay even though it was tramatizing at the appt for him and I watching them take his blood and everyone poking and probing him and stripping him total un happy camper! So yeah now were home hes doing a great job eating and has peed on me twice! Haha

i dont know if I missed anything so feel free to ask anything!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
So proud of you jessamyn!!! :)
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Im so happy for you! Would you do it again?
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Aww...I think i'm gonna cry...Congratulations!
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Wow!....Congrats, sounds like quite an ordeal.....So happy for you & your new family!
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Wow jess, well done! I really must say, im so glad my labour was nice and easy. There would have been no way that I could have handled all that.

I had back labour, and I agree, its the most painful thing ever.. I didnt know whether to lie down and cry, or try and walk the pain off.

Im glad you and babe are ok.

:)
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
grumpy bear 85 wrote:
im so happy for you! Would you do it again?

for him? In a heartbeat
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Wow ur labor story sounded painful. Im so sorry you had to go through all that in the end you have a beautiful baby boy. Thanks for sharing it with us. Just wanna say congrats.. You waited quite a bit for him!!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Congrats.... You will do it again trust me....... You forget about all of the pain and you will only remember the miracle
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Well done girl bet your well chuffed now ah, hope you get on well with ya new bunndle of joy. Take care x
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Awww jessamyn congrats on the baby. That labor sounded painful but I am sure it was was all worth it for him.
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Congrats jess! Sounds like quite the ordeal but you got a beautiful little boy out of the deal. He is absolutly precious! Congrats!!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Back labor is a pain you cant fix it runs anywhere from up and down your spine to just in your lower back area/upper butt its just an immense unexplainable uncurable pain!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...