Hi there, I just had 4 fairly large moles removed and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to heal my scars up. They are healing fine but I have been left with some pretty big scars and am really self conscious about them, I will be even more once the summer comes Embarassed . They are still in the early stages and I have been using an ointment with vitamin e but if you have any other tips on how to treat them to reduce as much scarring as possible, it would be great! Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2003
Supporter
Massage And Vitamin E!!!!!!!
Hello! Have had so many moles removed and have little visible(battle wounds) I call them all over me. As for making them less noticable, apply the vitamin e oil right from the capsule, rub it onto the scar one direction, then the opposite, reversing directions for about 2 minutes. Do this daily or every other day. This will not work on large 7" melanoma removal scars! But it sure has helped. As for next summer, lots of sun block, a hat and sleeves.........The sun is what caused these moles in the first place! Do not worry about what you look like or who might see the scars....You are still here to enjoy life, and you are the same person!!! Be yourself girl and take care of yourself! Hope i've helped!
|

replied November 25th, 2003
Experienced User
I have to agree with fair godmother. I have had several removed. The larger scars I have had for 17 years, which never really went away. But this was quite a while ago and the moles were very deep. The smaller ones that I had removed more recently fade a little each year. But I have never tried the vitamin e. It is probably too late for me now, so don't wait. And make sure you use it everyday!!
|
Quick Reply