I woke up this morning and I could not hold a cup of coffee or a bottle of water. I had a headache. I have dropped 5 cups of coffee and 3 bottles of water. My hands and arms just suddenly jerk. I had a cigerette go flying across my living room into my kitchen. Does anyone have a clue what these symptoms may be related to. I'm having trouble writing this question. I am 46 years old, a female and I have had larengytis for 5 weeks. Last night I had trouble swallowing. Thank you, gramimi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2005
Spasms
Hey gramimi, how are you doing?

Some cases of dysphonia can require surgical intervention. Also, the "no smoking" sign is up.

Absolute voice rest is essential as determined by the physician. Bed rest in a well-humidified room and quantities of fluids are also indicated.

Chronic dysphonia can start out as a virus that causes chronic laryngitis. Some voice changes can signal disorders such as vocal cord polyps or the onset of cancer or other diseases, so that it is important to pinpoint the source of the problem promptly.

The interruption of air flow results in staccato, jerking, labored speech. Occasionally, vocal spasms can abduct or separate the vocal folds resulting in breathy voice breaks (abductor spasmodic dysphonia).

Mortality is obviously related to the main disease with which chronic laryngitis is associated. In some cases, gastroesophageal reflux can cause chronic hoarseness.

Best wishes,
|
Did you find this post helpful?