I am 20 years old and have no previous medical history. 3 months ago my left eye stopped moving sideways . It stayed like that for 3 weeks and then it started to move but I had double vision from then on. My ct scan and mri are all clear. The doctor said that it could be due to a viral infection. I was given deltacortril for a month and now have perfect vision again. I want to know what exactly happened and could it happen again and how can I prevent it ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
I'm In the Same Situation
Hi ya, i’m sorry to hear of your double vision. I know what a nightmare it is! I’m 23, I developed sudden and severe double vision when I was 20. Like you, i’ve never known what caused it. My gp would only prescribe deltracortril for two weeks at 30mg a day, and that’s only because I was very pushy. My vision was perfect on the steroids but my double came back, although nowhere near as bad. I’m still trying to get rid of mine! Your questions about what happened and will it ever happen again are ones that I repeat to doctors over and over…. But I never get any answers! If you don’t have any other symptoms, I think you are pretty safe, it's unlikely you have anything sinister going on – maybe it was viral. The only thing I can say to you is that I take omega 3 and omega 6 fish oil supplements in fairly high doses, these repair & protect your eyes extremely well from damage. I take them in a blend with vitamin e to help the oil be absorbed. My 3d vision actually improved a lot on these.
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2016
I pray to God that none of you ever serious evil disease again comma.... I am 48 years old I am battling this double vision and my right eye there's out work thanks to a surgery for strabismus and my left eye currently is blurry I can't see underwater doctors think that the left side the strain so life has been impossible even though I still drive I still work I still do everything it is very difficult looking at something and seeing it blurry and scene II image wobble but it's clear the only thing that I can do when he gets back just put an eye patch over the good blurry eye.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....