Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Fresh Carrot Juice (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I juice fresh vegetables and fruit and often I will go with one juice for a while and then switch to another. I just started up again on fresh carrot juice and every time I do it takes my body about 3-4 days to adjust. The first reaction I get is that it totally flushes out my system, I know that there is a lot of fiber in carrots, but it makes me almost sick for a couple of days. Once I get past all that I am fine, but I wondered if anyone could explain why this happens. The other juice I drink quite often is fresh apple with grapes. This juice doesn't affect me the same way as the carrot.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carrotreaction
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
Fresh Carrot Juice
Hi there.
I just joined the ehealthforum today and love this nutrition area.
I read with great interest your question about the fresh
carrot juice, but unfortunately cant offer much help.

I love fresh carrot juice. Its my favorite thing to juice.
I have never experienced any problems like you mention.
Some have said that if you drink a large amount of it,
your skin will turn yellow or orange, but I dont drink that much.

If straight carrot juice is giving you problems, the only thing
that I might add that may be helpful is add some apple
with it. Carrot/apple juice is the greatest. Sorry I couldnt be much
help for you.
|

replied January 8th, 2008
Fresh Carrot Juice Reaction Here Too
I was doing a search to see if anyone else experienced a reaction to fresh carrot juice and this thread came up. Even though it is old I thought I would add my experience as well.

Have been drinking fresh carrot juice for a few days and yesterday I got a strange taste in my mouth (metallic) and kept falling asleep and feeling weird. I had no idea it was the carrot juice until I got up this morning feeling fine again made some carrot juice this afternoon and immediately the weird symptoms came back.

I will keep drinking it for a few days and see if it goes away like the first poster explained it would.
|

Wanted to Add,
that I have always drank store bought carrot juice with no such reaction. I recently got a juicer and that's when it started. I don't drink it straight I mix apples in. It's a 1/2 and 1/2ish mix.
|

Re:fresh Carrot Juice/wanted to Add...
dawnisis wrote:
that I have always drank store bought carrot juice with no such reaction. I recently got a juicer and that's when it started. I don't drink it straight I mix apples in. It's a 1/2 and 1/2ish mix.

Like any other store bought juice though,
its all processed, pasteurized and dead.
Fresh is ALWAYS the best.
Wink
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2009
fresh carrot juice
Wanted to respond to the post of Dawnisis who experienced odd symptoms such as metallic taste, falling asleep, & feeling weird from drinking freshly juiced carrot juice.

It's very important, ESPECIALLY when juicing, to only use organic fruits & vegetables...otherwise you are taking whatever pesticide/insecticide were used into your body in a concentrated amount & this can be toxic. Of course, it's a good idea to always eat organic & avoid farms that use crazy fertilizers or genetically modified seeds. But when you're juicing, you have to be diligent about this.

My guess for those [tramp] experiencing the 'sick feeling' or the 'flushing out' symptoms are experiencing the body detoxification as the body is cleaning itself out which can liberate toxins stored in the body's fat stores & cause temporary loose stools & abdominal discomfort until removed through skin, urine or feces. It's a good idea, however, if these symptoms do not resolve in a week, to visit your local Naturopathic Doctor & be sure that you do not have any digestive issues that need to be addressed for your overall health.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
If you have hypoglycemia you really shouldn't be eating carrots in the first place and that would explain the problem. Root vegetables should only be eaten in strict moderation at first, and definitely not in a juiced form.
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Carrot/Apple Juicing
I have been drinking a fresh, raw juice every morning for the past year or more. This juice consists of kale, apples, ginger, celery and lemon. However, I recently tried 8 fresh carrots and 2 gala apples in a raw juice (of course, everything is organic)and had severe pain in my body. I was curled up in a fetal position for about 20 - 30 minutes. I thought, perhaps that was a fluke, tried it again about a week later and same thing happend. My muscles ached, my stomach hurt and I was back in a ball. Have been researching possible cause.. any ideas?? Thank Wink k
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Carrot juice makes me sick!
I just started juicing and have been drinking organic carrot/celery juice. I have been sick since I started juicing. Immediately after drinking carrot juice, I have intense stomach pains.
I also have to be near a bathroom, even hours after drinking it. I thought that the reaction was due to detoxification, but I don't know what to think. I'm glad to find someone else has had the same reaction...not that I want you to feel bad, too, but
just that I'm not completely an anomaly!
I guess I just need to go to a more green approach to juicing and cut out carrots.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It's the carrots. As I said, root vegetables are often dangerous for us. You should only eat them in moderation at first. Try to see if you can find a threshold where you don't feel awful or perhaps even bad at all. Keep it at that level to see if you ever get symptoms over a time span, and then slowly add more to see how much you can take.
|

replied January 29th, 2010
i dont feel anything after fresh carrot juice. always drink it quick, but maybe you used too much carrots, aside from it is too sweet, it maybe too much for you.it probably causes high sugar in your blood that makes you sick. I only use 1-2 stick of carrots and 1 small apple, nice combo and i feel heaven afterwards. it taste gooood. they said dont combine more than 2-3 fruits or vegies.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
My experiance
Fist thing in the morning !
7 - 8 Carrots ~ 3/4 liter carrot juice
1 Apple
1 Grapefruit Peeled
1 beet medium
1 celery
A hand full of spinach.
Add 2 tbsp of Linseed oil
26 grams total of pee and brow rice protein
Comes out a tad more then a 1 liter of juice!
I do not mix it all together.
I juice all the veggies into 1 glass with the linseed oil and drink as fast as you can the rince with the sweet taste of the carrot-apple-grapefruit juice.

When available - I also add
4 - 5 Radishes
1/2 Cucumber
and whet ever is in season and fresh .

THEN after training yes I train 3 times a week .. I don't work out, I train!
3/4 liter of carrot juice
1 apple
1 Beat
Protein
THIS gives a really big boost of energy!!!!

IMPORTANT
If your new to jucing make sure your close to the can after finishing your juice , you might end up running to it!
You might even get sick as your body detoxifies. I know I did at more the one occasion but not anymore!
I go 5 to 6 times a day to the can but you should see what it did to my flabby stomach!
It melted away freaking fast! there is more to it then juicing for a flat stomach like
DO NOT TO TAKE MORE CARBS then what you need in a day!

For sure organic is best and if you don't use organic it's still better then store bought juice or cooked veggies!
It make me laugh when I read " Only use organic!" What if i don't have the money!
If I was to juice 1.5 liters of organic carrot juice per day it would cost me 8$ just for me alone!
add your kids and your significant other!

The fun part about juicing is, I can eat just a great big steak and not worry about the greens... I drank them already!

Last point, learn to listen to your body and read up what fruit/veggie helps what!1
Maybe your digestive track is shot... try a tiny bit of cabbage juice. be warned it tastes like ****!
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Adverse reaction to carrot juice
Yesterday as I walked into the supermarket they were making fresh carrot juice. I had a big glass. A few minutes after, my body got very itchy and could not speak too clear. After a few minutes, it went away but then my eyes got extremely swollen. The previous time I had this juice the only reaction was a funny tickling in my tongue. Has anyone had the same reaction? Assume it was too strong for my system. However, I have been eating carrots in salads, soups, etc. and no adverse reaction.
|

replied November 14th, 2010
I had a pint of fresh carrot juice and got really bad pains in my stomach for the rest of the day...the next day i had a pint of fresh beetroot juice and got even worse pains/cramps! i think its root vegetables too, maybe we shouldn't be eating them at all...and certainly not raw!!
|

replied December 15th, 2010
Moderation!
Hi there,

It sounds like a lot of people are drinking too much carrot juice to begin with! An 8oz glass in the morning is sufficient of carrot or carrot/apple. If you don't have problems with diabetes and such, it's usually best to drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then have your breakfast 1/2-1 hour later. This may not work with everyone's physiology.

I have found carrot juice cleans me out each morning, and I take that as a good thing and normal. Beetroot is also very cleansing and should be mixed with other veggie juices and done so in moderation.
|

replied December 27th, 2010
CARROT JUICE ITCHING OXALIC ACID MYCOPLASMA
Carrot Juice and Red Beetroot juice have high amounts of Oxalic Acid, and it is also found is in the leaves of the Rubbard plant but in much higher concentrations and with other compounds. Eating Rubbarb leaves is not recommended as long term consumption of them can lead to distress.Be aware that Rubbarb leaves pose a slight mystery in that they are not totally understood.Rhubarb leaves are probably around 0.5% oxalic acid, so that you would need to eat quite a large serving of leaves, like 5 kg (11 lbs), to get that 24 grams of oxalic acid to cause death. Note that it will only require a fraction of that to cause sickness.
Oxalic Acid is also a great gift in that it helps eliminate unwanted parasites such as Mycoplasma and Ureaplasama organisms from the body as well as others.
Oxalic Acid will kill these Pathogens and if enough are killed then itching will occur as the body tries to expel them as they get trapped in the skin pores and forms an irritation of the skin. Note that Cancer and a lot of auto-immune diseases are just Mycoplasma type infections and that is why the Beetroot cure for Liver and other Cancers works.
Plant leaves, especially rhubarb, cabbage, spinach, and beet tops, contain oxalic acid.Beetroot,Carrot,Potato tubers [the root] also contain Oxalic acid. Oxalic acid is also found in potatoes,Chives and peas. Vitamin C is metabolized to oxalic acid. Oxalic Acid in a Magnetically sensitive compound and will break down in magnetic fields greater than that of the earth's, and within 7 meters of a working Microwave oven.
Then marry that with the fact that since about 1992 doctors only get 2.1 years equivalent medical training as a doctor in 1985[who received 4 years of medical training] in 4 years. A big secret of Orthodox medicine as their applicants for doctors are so stupid.The Rif-Raf doctors were not noticed at first as they referred their patients, now there are few doctors left that know anything and the Rif-Raff doctors are very noticeable,and anyone in the Medical world who lets this fact out would find themselves out of work, that is why you never heard this before. The Medical Mafia. Refer to the New Zealand Herald year 2000, letters to the editor, specific date unknown.
The Beetroot cure for Cancer goes something like this, juice beets in Angel Juicer [best slow Juicier, high speed Juicers do not work], put in ice-cube trays, freeze, then consume 1 to 2 ice-blocks in the morning and at night, 1 hour away from food on an empty stomach. If you, your juice or your beets are exposed to a magnetic field greater than earth's or a working microwave oven / field then you have no Oxalic Acid and no remedy.
A doctor in Perth Australia treats Cancer patients with a method similar to this very successfully. USA doctors treat both Cancer and Auto-Immune diseases with this method successfully--both using differing compounds. Sydney doctors are still sending nasty letters to the private lab in Sydney that uses Polymerase-chain-reaction to detect Mycoplasma and related diseases[see article Nexus Mycoplasma for address]. Its detection method is 100 times more exact than what is currently used by Ortodox Medical Labs. The common cold is 70% Mycoplasma based--official Orthodox literature. Upper respiratory tract infections in cats is Mycoplasma, see vets manual.Do not let the cat cough or sneeze on you, you call this a cat-cold.
Look at the TV3 report on the Vitamin C man, and I hope you now realise that Vit C brakes-down to Oxalic Acid, and it is this function that ATTACKS the SARS MYCOPLASMA
disease and cured the person so afflicted. Viruses do not cause the disease, faulty research in methodology and taking assumptions and misdirection to the public leads to this view being peddled by orthodox medicine.
SAR's and AID's are not viral diseases, see Israeli researches refute AID's HIV virus theory. Its how Mycoplasma's utilise the/a Virus that counts.
Now you know how the function works, and now you know what Orthodox medicine has not been telling you.
"Mycoplasma Nexus" will get you there also.
Remember---your Government thinks its good for you to be sick for a long time then dead, Orthodox medicine agree's.
|

replied March 25th, 2011
Juicing Carrots
Try juicing the carrots with a little bit of lemon. For me it made a huge difference and it also tastes so much better I find.
|

replied May 28th, 2011
Carrots and green juices too.
I juice about 7-8 large carrots and a red apple and drink that first thing every morning on an empty stomach with no ill effects at all. Green juices later in the day. The only reaction I have is an energetic feeling about 10-15 minutes later but every thing seems ok.
When I first started juicing some months ago I noticed I had to run to the bathroom quite often but there is no doubt in my mind that it had to do with getting the crud out of my system. My diet now consists mostly vegetarian (raw) and juicing. If I eat anything cooked for protein it's split pea, lentils, and garbonzos. After a couple of weeks after making this change...all is 110% better. My stomach feels great now and I gladly gave up the nightmare of indigestion from eating processed crap. I feel great.
|

replied May 28th, 2011
I juice about 7-8 large carrots and a red apple and drink that first thing every morning on an empty stomach with no ill effects at all. Green juices later in the day. The only reaction I have is an energetic feeling about 10-15 minutes later but every thing seems ok.
When I first started juicing some months ago I noticed I had to run to the bathroom quite often but there is no doubt in my mind that it had to do with getting the crud out of my system. My diet now consists mostly vegetarian (raw) and juicing. If I eat anything cooked for protein it's split pea, lentils, and garbonzos. After a couple of weeks after making this change...all is 110% better. My stomach feels great now and I gladly gave up the nightmare of indigestion from eating processed crap. I feel great.
|

replied July 2nd, 2011
Last night I had celery, apple & cucumber juice & felt like I was dying BUT I always sleep way better at night when drink juice. I'm on a regular healthy diet otherwise.
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
No, thank you! I did try first time today juice mix: 2 small apples, 1 orange, 3 large carrots, 1/2 sweet potato. It TASTED great! Made about 14-16 oz. But in one hours time I started to feel very weird and had a painful crampy, "tennis ball stuck" feeling on the side of my throat as if it would be closing, just on one side! I never experienced anything like this ! I got all flushy and almost could not thing straight! Abdominal cramps, diarrhea, vomiting followed. Now few hours and a pot of chamomile tee I feel better, but the stomach feels like I did swallow a hot heavy rock. Juicing have to be started spoon by spoon I guess... But I am done with "healthy" feeling to be dying Smile Not for me.
|

replied March 24th, 2012
Your not supposed to drink fruits and vegetables together. Apples are nuetral. Its hard on your body to digest, which explains the symptoms your feeling. Try drinking individual fruits and vegetables by themselves in moderation. Your body will love it.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul