Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 8months pregnant and I have had a sore throat and stuffy nose w/ headache for about a 5 days now i've taken tylenol cold and some nyquill nothing seems to work I am so miserable, I cant get to my doctor for another week, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can take?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2005
Experienced User
??????
N-e-one?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
First off hunnie no no no the onnnly thing you are allowed to take while pregnant is plain suddifed and robitussin! And plain tylenol! Nothing else no special kinds like drosey or cold and sinus or anything like that... Then in the 3rd trimester they really dont want you taking anything.. So please knock that off... Try some teas and a humidifer! But no drugs!
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Try vapor rub and teas and taking hot baths keep your fluids up and sleep as much as possible
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Hot baths are NOT OK -- this can cause onset of labor, see your OB's medical literature on what's OK & NOT OK. Only your Doctor has the best advice, don't put yourself at risk.
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2010
my obgyn told me a hot bath is fine, as long as you dont keep your whole body submerged constantly then it wont phase your body temp enough to do anything harmful to you or baby. I'm 30 weeks with the same problem and i've been doing green teas in moderation, tylenol and hot baths as well as tons of water but NOTHING is helping me. Every day my cough is more miserable. This is the second time i've been sick this pregnancy. I'm already exhausted enough! =[[ I feel your pain
|

replied July 26th, 2010
If you are sick you should tell your Dr and let him/her decide the best treatment. You may need antibiotics to clear up a persistent cough or sore throat. I got strep around 25 week and was totally miserable! Good luck!
|

replied August 17th, 2010
First off for anyone that says absolutely no medication during pregnancy is better is wrong. continuing to stay sick cause you refuse to take medicine is even worst as your baby can get and infection if your condition worstens. i know this because i called my doctor yesterday morning. And the funny thing is he told me to take Tylenol Cold Multi Symptom because i have had a very healthy pregnancy until now (i am 33 weeks pregnant). During the First Trimester it is true that they dont want you to take much of anything and once you get farther along and the baby develops more there will be more things you can take. The best thing to do would be to not ask for advice from a thread or blog and call your doctors office. Tell them your every one of your symptoms and they will tell you what to take to HELP not cure it. He told me to take the Multi-Symptom tylenol because it will help alleviate my symptoms while keeping me from getting a fever. Good luck!
|