How long after taking antibiotics is the birth control pill considered fully effective again? Took antibiotics 10/22 - 10/26 but then had unprotected sex on 10/31.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 3rd, 2003
Odds are the sex wasn't safe. I have a sister and a friend who each have antibiotic/bc babies. You need to go thru the cycle as if you just started the pill before it is affective again.
|

replied November 3rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Deanna-i was told u were unsafe 4 the time ur on them plus one week after so,i dont think u wud have been safe on 31st.However (caps) dont quote me on that! Ur better off seeing ur doc to be 100% safe.
Gud luck
|

replied November 5th, 2003
Experienced User
Deanna-
i feel the same as the other girls.
Although it is probably 50/50 that you are pregnant, you may want to treat yourself as if you are, by making sure that your hobbies, habits, and lifestyle, would be okay during the first month of pregnancy.
I am definately not saying that you are. All i'm stating is that it is a possibility. You wouldn't want to do something now that could potentialy harm the unborn baby, if indeed you happen to be pregnant. So if you miss you next period, I suggest you take a home pregnancy test and then go from there.
Good luck- hope I helped!
Marissa
|

replied November 6th, 2003
Experienced User
Hey Hey
Hey hey

well I heard the other day that most medications dont mix with birth control and they cancel each other out.... I had a lady from planned parenthood come to my school and she brought that up.. I couldve heard wrong but thats what I remeber her saying
|

replied November 7th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
No,ur totally right on that one glitter
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Muhammad Khalil
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...