Has anybody here had electrolysis done? I've been cursed with the dreaded hairy nipples, and I can't go into a hottub or any shirtless situation without everybody teasing the crap out of me :evil: . I wanna have it removed permanently but I had 2 questions.

1. Is it actually permanent, or how much does it improve things?

2. Any idea what it costs? (even time wise). I like in b.C. Canada if that helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Yep, had it done. I'm a bodybuilder and keep most of my body hairless... Also did my ex-girlfriend from head to toe.

Keep in mind, it can take a few months before the process is complete, usually with 3-4 appointments before it is properly done. The reason is, not all hair is there all the time. Some hair has fallen out, or been removed. So you have to wait for that new hair to grow, so it can be removed, and so forth until it is all gone.

Yes it is really perminant. It involves sticking an extremely tiny needle into the pore of your skin where the hair is until you get to the root. Then you give it a small zap of electricity. It's pretty much painless, just small zaps and the needle is painless if done properly as it never pierces the skin. Once the hair root has been killed, the hair itself can be plucked out painlessly, never to grow back.

You'll need a consultation to find out how much it would cost in your area, and to just have your nipples done. (why not your whole chest?).

hope this helps,
justin
|

replied March 21st, 2005
How does electrolysis compare to laser hair removal?
|

replied October 20th, 2006
Done
My girlfriend had laser hair removal done on her arm pits. She said it feels like an elastic band snapping. I went in to watch....Lol. It took all of 3 min total.

They said it should take a up to 6 months for the hair to stop growing back.

She's very happy from the results so far and says it's worth the money.

we went to the centre for cosmetic dermatology. Nice group of people.
|

replied April 1st, 2007
whoa i wanted my back done and its like $2000-3000 :[
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....