Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hcg Levels - What Is Normal ?

I have just found out I am pregnant : ), I had a positive home pregnancy test. And then booked in to see my doctor, had a blood test and it came back that I am pregnant and my hcg is 443. Is this normal, the nurse at the clinic said oh I think it might be a bit too low and I will get the doctor to call you tomorrow, I am worried .... The doctor said I would just have turned 5 weeks some time this week. My last period was 26.1.2005
please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Experienced User
0-1 weeks 0 - 50

1-2 weeks 40 - 300

2-3 weeks 100 - 1,000

3-4 weeks 500 - 6,000

1-2 months 5,000 - 200,000

2-3 months 10,000 - 100,000

2nd trimester 3,000 - 50,000

3d trimester 1,000 - 50,000

i dont know if thats normal
|

replied March 1st, 2005
So I am low, but what does this mean ? Am I going to miscarry ?
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Im not really sure, I work at a drs surgery and women come in all the time with low hcg. Did ur dr tell u anything about it ? Probably best to wait for a few of the pregnant ladies on here theyre alot more experienced than me. Didnt want to leave u hanging though.
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
One more thing. My friend's levels were dropping so she had to get a blood test every other day I think. Eventually, they started to rise again and everything has been fine since then. I was also thinking the same as jamie. It's close enough that they could just be off on how far along you are and everything is actually right on track. Take care.
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Idk why that happened. I never asked, I was just happy everything was okay and forgot to ask.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...