Yesterday at about 10 am, I started to have major cramping and I had not felt the baby move in like two days. My mom took me to womans hospital and they hooked my up to those monitors. The baby is fine but I was contracting every minuet to two minuets. They put me on fluids and a demerol drip, along with some other medications and now my contracting has stopped. I cant go back to work for awhile and I am most likely going to get fired but the way I look at it is, my baby is far more important than any job and at 23 weeks there is a very slim chance that she would make it without any complications. Just thought I would keep y'all informed and I will let you know what else happens.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Take it easy babe! If your job doesnt understand then they are not worth it.. You can always file for unemployment! Please take it easy
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Hey hun,
take it as easy as you can and listen to them. James was born at 28wks and trust me I went through hell and high waters with him. They put you on meds to help stop contractions which you have to take every so many hours. Make sure you take it as directed. Because my friend didnt listen and stopped taking hers and she had her son. So just make sure you do it.. Also drink plenty of fluids. It helps refrain labor as well. Did they say if you where dehydrated or not?? Keep us updated and take care of you and the baby
|

Experienced User
Yes the doctor said that I was very dehydrated and I am trying to drink more water but it has always been hard for me to drink lots of fluids. My cervix was softened out but they put some type of medication on it to make it hard again. I think either today or tomarrow I have to go in and they will put a stich in my cervix just incase I start having frequent contractions again. Im contracting about 2-3 times every hour, but my doctor say that we can live with that. Im glad to hear that if isabella was born right now she could make it. I am going to try my best not to get antsy and stay in bed so there is no pressure on my cervix. To think that just a few months ago I was upset about not being able to go out and now getting up to go to the bathroom is a major event. I will keep everyone posted and I hope that everyone else is doing great!
|

Legally you cannot be fired from your job. They would get sued of their butts for that. Pregnancy is considered a medical disability. If you are on doctors orders to be on bedrest, you can provide them with that information. Most places are willing to work with you in order that they may cover their asses. See what your company policy is and check out this government website concerning this matter:

http://www.Dol.Gov/esa/whd/fmla/

particularly this part as well as that of maternity leave:
to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...