Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

My Family Doesn't Understand!!!!

Sad
please help me! My family doesn't think I have binge eating disorder and I know I do. I've noticed it for a long time and finally came open with it. I asked to go to a therapist over it and they said "you don't have that." are there any vitamins or anything I can take to keep me healthy until I can fight either it or my family?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2003
If you are still in school there is always a school counselor that you can talk to. You can go to them on your own. A vitamin can't keep you healthy if you are pukin it up.
Go to someone at school a teacher or counselor whoever you feel comfortable with. Sometimes parents are in denial and don't notice there is a problem. Just don't give up on yourself.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Christine L. Selby
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....