I'll be 23 weeks on friday so i'm far from labor but I was watching a babys story ( I think thats what its called) and the lady on there was screaming her head off when she was pushing. Is all that really necissary? I mean...I know it hurts but do most women really scream like that? She even had the epi. Anyways...Just thought i'd ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I heard somewhere that screaming really loud actually just makes it harder to push, because your letting all your air out....Make sence to me!! I can't talk though untill I go through it myself!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I didn't scream with either of my babies, and I didn't get the epi. But while I was in labor, I did hear other women screaming. I guess you just can't help how you act, but I will say it was almost annoying. It kind of reminded me of how little kids act. I believe it can be controlled.
|

Extremely eHealthy
brianbaby wrote:
i heard somewhere that screaming really loud actually just makes it harder to push, because your letting all your air out....Make sence to me!! I can't talk though untill I go through it myself!!!

very true too. You should be holding your breath while you're pushing, b/c you need all the energy focused on that. But women also scream while they are just laboring. It is painful, but idk, I don't think I ever had the urge to scream. I moaned a lot, lol. Ooooooowwwwwwwwww....
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Okay *paranoid jessamyn* goes to l&d all the time and woman are in labor the whole time while i'm there and I nevvver hear anyone screaming and like I always ask the l&d docs and they are like only over reactive woman do it like as if they have a need to or woman who go without drugs
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...