I've had the worst time trying to get up from a laying down or sitting down position. My pelvic area and my hips anything in between. It all hurts. It will usually go away after I walk around for a while but no matter how long I sit for lay down for i'll have a hard time getting up. The worst is while i'm sleeping and I get up to pee. I've tried lying on both sides, having a pillow in between my legs and it doesnt work. I'm now 28 weeks and this has been going on since about 24 weeks. At first I thought it was the way the baby was positioned but I know he/she has moved around since then. Even to the point where he/she was all above my belly button. I never had anything remotely like this with my first child. And I could understand if I was further along. Has anybody had anything like this before. I know its not stretch pains (i wish it was). I have a Dr. Appointment on wednesday and i'm going to bring it up to him then. But if anybody has any idea on what it could be or if its normal. Or if there is anything else I can try doing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
steph
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
All I can say is, it's normal. I was like that with my second baby. Mine are 20 months apart so I think it was being preg, plus taking care of my first child that made my last preg much harder than the first. I'm thinking it's your ligaments/joints loosening. Mine loosened around the same time, and I was always sore and in pain from my waist down to my upper thighs. Uggghh, I can feel the pain right now, lol. Hope you feel better :(
|

Experienced User
Re: For the Last Month...
girrly wrote:
i've had the worst time trying to get up from a laying down or sitting down position. My pelvic area and my hips anything in between. It all hurts. It will usually go away after I walk around for a while but no matter how long I sit for lay down for i'll have a hard time getting up. The worst is while i'm sleeping and I get up to pee. I've tried lying on both sides, having a pillow in between my legs and it doesnt work. I'm now 28 weeks and this has been going on since about 24 weeks. At first I thought it was the way the baby was positioned but I know he/she has moved around since then. Even to the point where he/she was all above my belly button. I never had anything remotely like this with my first child. And I could understand if I was further along. Has anybody had anything like this before. I know its not stretch pains (i wish it was). I have a Dr. Appointment on wednesday and i'm going to bring it up to him then. But if anybody has any idea on what it could be or if its normal. Or if there is anything else I can try doing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
steph

i am 28 weeks pregnant too, and I am going through the same thing. If I sit down or lie down, I try not to get up because it hurts. Im not sure what it is either, but im sure its normal. Good luck with everything.

Tiffany :)
|

Experienced User
Thanks
Thanks girls.

Hopfully it's all normal. You'd think that it would be more painful with your first pregnancy rather then your second. How long did it last for you? A month seems like a long time I hope it gets better soon. Thanks again. I'm going to ask my Dr. On wednesday but he'll probably say the same thing.
|

Extremely eHealthy
For me it lasted from mid preg until about 2 or 3 weeks after I had my baby. I hope it's not like that for you though. I know how you feel :(
|

Experienced User
God I hope it isn't either. Poor you. If it does last that long the good news is my husband is taking parental leave so i'll have some extra help at home.

Thanks again
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...