Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy

I have jme and have had for over 20 years. I have in the past always had some type of jerking with my hands, but now since my last seizure have had episodes with the feeling of a jerk but without an actual jerk. My doctor said to him it still counts and makes him want to be cautious. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had these.

Thanks,
havefaith
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah, this does happen to me. I usually have twicthing on my face and jerking in my arms. Sometimes I swear that it is twicthing but when I look in the mirror I don't see anything moving.
|

replied February 17th, 2005
Experienced User
My daughter has had the feeling of jerks but not seen them as well as stronger ones that are clearly seen.

Do either of you have a heavy arm feeling at times, too? She has this, it eased when we upped meds, but is back and feeling bad!
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....