First of all I am anorexic/bulimic - but trying to find a way to stop.
I have absolutely no fat, but worse-no muscle. I used to be strong, in great shape, and active. My active lifestyle is dead, and so is my dream of playing pro soccer. I miss it...A lot. I want to be strong again. How do I go about gaining back my strength!?

Weight lifting? Cardio? Jogging? I don't know where to begin. I don't know what is and what is not good for my body at this point in time.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2005
Experienced User
I would start out with something non-strenuous since you have no muscle. Try walking several miles either every day or every other day (start with maybe a mile or mile and a half.. And increase your walk distance when comfortable). Also, get yourself some small weights and start doing some upper body weight lifting to get your arms and such back in shape. While your doing this, try buying some ensure drinks. They will have all the nutrition you need while you are still struggling with your eating disorder. Since your body has no fat and you are still having issues with eating, I would stay away from workouts that are too strenuous just to be safe.
|

replied January 8th, 2012
I am anorexic. I am experiencing very sore muscles, have a continous headache and the occasional time i do induce vomiting there is bright red blood in it. Can anyone explain? Sharonk14
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....