Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

He Doesn't Want to Take Medications :( What Can I Do?

User Profile
Hello everybody/
my boyfriend is a bipolar, he has been in hospitals twice and he took medications for a while. But he stopped all medications, and he doesn't want to take them anymore. He is having a lot of mood swings right now, and he wanted to break up with me, but I realized that when he's in his depression mood, I have to be apart of him untill he gets out of it. And so I did. Now he's getting better, but still afraid of our relationship, he told me many times that he doesn't want to hurt me, but I reasured him teling him that I won't be hurt from him and that I can persist all dificulties. Anyway, my problem is how to convince him to go to a psychaitrist to take medications? I read a lot about the bipolar disorder and I know that it's very recommended to a person having this manic depresion all the time.
I need your advices please.

Thank you all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Please help me, I want advices.
Thanks
|

replied November 18th, 2005
Talk More
I understand what you are going through and unfortunetly it is sometimes hard for me to respond because there is so much to say I would like to talk more but my ricky is a handfull and usually don't have time to write a good response if you would like to talk more my aol screen name it (lilhuffmom) sometimes the best remedy is to talk and have someone listen I do know a lttle about bipolar and have even adapted to the life I think I could help you just as much as you could help me
write soon good luck and stay happy
cassie and baby ricky :d
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...