Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

My Mother Is a Schizophrenic

I have just found out that my mother is a schizophrenic. She is 77 years old and has always been in and out of hospital for the last 30 years or more. Her partner of the same age doesn`t accept her condition. He thinks it is a kidney infection. She hasn`t bothered with me since she married a man she met in the hospital she was in. Don`t know whether to bar their phone calls as it can drive me nuts and my friend as well.

Any suggestions?

She has only been out of hospital for 2 days and is bored already.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2005
My japanese friend also has a kidney infection. She's a little crazy also.... Has your mother been diagnosed with schizophrenia? I know people with schizophrenia are so !**@! annoying!! I have psychosis so I can say that as a psychotic, I just don't care about my condition. Perhaps she is the same, so don't worry about isolating her.
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Schizophrenics can be so annoying? Why would you say that! Do you know each and every person that has the condition... Each person is different with the condition and they dont all act the same !
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Hey scotsdavy1,

i hope she is doing okay.

I just have a question. Are you sure it is schizophrenia? I believe I have read that schizophrenia normally develops in the 20s, maybe 30s.

Maybe she has something else like alzeimer's?

Josh
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....