Ok, I am a male who just turned 16 last november. Then I weighed about 215 ibs and am only about 5"9. So my normal day would just be to go to school and eat lunch. It started out ok, but then I wanted to lose it faster...So I started throwing away a sandwhich, and just eating pretzels and peanuts. Well I got down to about 165 ibs...And then I decided I would stop eating for a week at a time, and then have a sandwhich or something on the weekends. I am also exercise crazy. I finally got down to the point of 140 ibs. I am finally eating a little again. Yesterday I had a half a turkey sandwhich for lunch, and a half can of chicken noodle soup for dinner. But after I eat lunch and get home from school...All I do is go to my room and exercise. I run for about 15 minutes, then I do crunches, sit-ups, pushups, etc, then I go get on a nordik trak ski machine for about 5 minutes at a time)...Then after dinner, I feel fat so I go and exercise again doing the same exact thing, because I dont want to gain any of my weight back...I mean I dont think id be horrified if I gained 5 ibs, but I dont want to look like ive gained which is what I look like to myself everytime I eat. I dont know what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2005
Hmm it sounds like you have an exercise addiction. Exercising daily is not bad at all but to compulsively do it is just going to wear out your body.

Everything comes in moderation....Exercising an hour-hour and a hal once a day is all your body really needs. It also needs nutrients there is a way to eat and maintain at the weight you are at right now .... You just have to find the right caloric amount talk to your mother or father about it or even your doctor you dont want to go into a full blown eating disorder trust me
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....