Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Questions About Leukemia

This is weird hard for me to do, I do not know if I have this, I went to my doctor in april of last year, she stated that I had all of the signs except for the gland swelling, she tested me and it was clear, since then I have fought the gland swelling, at least once a month now, I go through the gland swelling, I have fever, it is hard to breathe, they keep giving me a z-pak, to take, the last time they gave it to me was last thursday and I had a reacation to the med. I believe that I reaceation because I had just had that med about a week before. It seems as if the months go on it gets worse, when I called my doctor and told them what happend, they informed that I was not an emergency and they would see me the middle of next week. I am going to my appointment, I just want to know what this leukemia is, and if I have the systoms. I know it runs in the family and my great grandfather died from it. I feel so weird talking about this, I was hoping that maybe someone would have an answer for me or something I should talk to my doctor about. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have special smear.
If there is thrombocytopenia or pancytopenia and there are abnormal or atypical cells then go for bone marrow examination to confirm it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.