Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Emergency Surgury;70%of My Stomach Removed,not By Choice...

Aloha to all,and I feel for all who are in pain.. My ordeal took place on november eighth of 04'. I was rushed to the emergency room suffering from severe abdominal pain that I fought against for over two years. The reason I did nothing about it was that, up till this point the pain was intense but with an over abbundance of pride and stubborness, found that I could learn to handle the pain more and more. Enter nov.8, for almost forty minutes I waged my last battle with this enemy within. Never had I felt pain such as I was feeling on that day. With no strength left, I realized that well, I guess there's no harm in going to the doctor. That's when I thought,gee, i'd do that if I could only stand up. There I was lying on my left side in a fetal position unable to move. Not even to lift my head up a little.With the all that drained from me, I thought oh,well, looks like early christmas for me. All I had left was this battle with trying to just breath. My entire self was frozen and my entire body was rock solid to the touch.My breathing, short steady puffs of air I could count on to survive untill someone comes home. No one was around that day, and so for almost forty minutes I just lay there hungry for ice-pops.
With twelve sheets of catscan pics to view nothing was evident in black and white. I had to sign a release form with consent to do exploritory surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...