Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Orthotriclen Lo Is It Good Or Not?

I was wondering is this pill ok I was on yasmin and it gave headaches every other day ever since I stopped them the headaches stopped I also used the patch and gave me heartburn and nausea and my breast felt like they were going to explode. :
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Well my dear, everyone reacts differently to different pills. Im on ortho-lo and I absolutely love it... But then again, some people on yasmin absolutely love it. It totally and completely depends on your body.... You just gotta try different brands until you find one that works for you!
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Works
Ortho tricyclen low is awesome. It works wonderfully, and I had virtually no side effects. But like starshyne said, everyone reacts differently to different pills. If you had a hard time with yasmin, then definitely give ortho a try ! It's definitely worth a try! Good luck with it,! Have a nice day/night :)
|

replied February 13th, 2006
Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo
Ortho tri-cyclen lo worked great for me for the first 3 months. My breast size went from an a to a c. However, I started getting yeast infections, bacterial infections, and utis four months into taking this pill. I've had these problems for about 9 months now, and I am about to change to alesse. My sex drive is at 0 now, and a year ago I had a way above average sex drive. It all depends on your body. I would not recommend ortho tri-cyclen lo if you are low body weight like me (i'm 5'4 and 102 pounds) because it has completely screwed my body up.
|

replied February 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo
ihateortho wrote:
ortho tri-cyclen lo worked great for me for the first 3 months. My breast size went from an a to a c. However, I started getting yeast infections, bacterial infections, and utis four months into taking this pill. I've had these problems for about 9 months now, and I am about to change to alesse. My sex drive is at 0 now, and a year ago I had a way above average sex drive. It all depends on your body. I would not recommend ortho tri-cyclen lo if you are low body weight like me (i'm 5'4 and 102 pounds) because it has completely screwed my body up.

wow that's wierd!! I'm 21 years old, 5'3" and 100lbs... And I feel totally fine on it... I've been taking it for... 7 or 8 months now. But I also took full strength ortho back when I was 16 and went off to a summer camps. I was fine back then too.
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
I was on ortho lo for alomost 4 yrs (when I was 17) or so and honestly it made me gain weight (20 lbs) over time. Also I always had this uncomfortable layer within myself which made me feel permanently bloated. It sucks! You might also notice that once youre on it for a long time, its going to be really hard for you to lose weight, and you might get emotional unstable, and eat more than usual even if youre not hungry. I finally had enough and I just got off of it 5 weeks ago. I dont feel as bloated anymore. Actually I feel great. However, if you are not worried about weight gain and such ortho is great. If you take it as prescribed it really prevents pregnacy and lightens your periods. Hope this hepls
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
I was on otc lo for about a year and every single morning, I would wake up nauseated beyond belief...Even after a year! It took my sex drive way way way down but on the upside, I had almost no cramps at all during my period. Now I am on otc and I still have no sex drive but it doesn't make me feel sick at all. I guess I still need to be searching for that right pill for me.
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm on ortho-lo as well and I love it.

Everyone reacts differently to all of the different pills available. Your best option is just trial and error which sucks but at least we now have a variety. In the past, there was only one pill and if you didn't like it, you were screwed.

There are some .Women who cannot take any hormonal method. A friend of mine is like that. Her migraines become worst when she is on any hormonal method so she and her husband have to solely rely on condoms and spermicide. Talk with your doctor because you might be sensitive to the hormones.
|

replied March 25th, 2006
I was on otc lo for a few months, and have been off for 1 month now. The best thing I experienced on was my periods were easier, no hideously painful crampings, and the length was almost half as long. Worst thing, gained a few pounds that wouldn't come off (lost them over this past month, though), and the way my body was affected while on antibiotics.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...