Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Umbilical Cord Blood Storage?

Has anyone out there done this and who have you stored your baby's blood with? It's a bit overwhelming figuring out which company is the best. Tia!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Experienced User
I don't know what to tell you. The only advice I can give is. Is to ask your doctor about which company would be the best. I hoped I helped some.
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You already asked about this. I posted the old thread.

Bapayne
new user

cord blood banking
posted: 01/25/05 0221pm

------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

has anyone done this? I'm interested in doing this for my firstborn but am curious as to what you guys think.

Tia!
Beth

back to top quote | | |

lil_blaze2004
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0237pm

------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

i was looking into it also but it's a lil expensive.

Back to top quote | | |

l2at24
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0241pm

it is expensive. If you have the money go for it. If you don't have the money I wouldn't do any crazy financing for it. Unless baby or other family are at high risk for diseases etc that cord blood would help with.

Back to top quote | edit | |

jlee77
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0250pm

it's expensive to bank it for your own baby for future need, but it's free to bank it for other babies. Which is strange, I know. But hey, it's a great cause and i'll probably do it.

Back to top quote | | |

lexiee
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0317pm

euhhh.. What are you guys talking about? I feel like this may be a blonde moment for me...

Back to top quote | | |

lil_blaze2004
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0326pm

lexiee wrote:
euhhh.. What are you guys talking about? I feel like this may be a blonde moment for me...

You can put your baby's umbilical cord in a blood bank for any future "problems, stem cells etc... It's quite expensive.

Back to top quote | | |

lexiee
experienced user

posted: 01/25/05 0329pm

ahhh I didn't know that. You would think they would do it automatically....

|

replied September 21st, 2009
I think you people have been discussing this for long. I want to tell you that cord blood preservation is really a great thing to do for your baby. This will save your baby from any life-thretening disease in future. It is an easy and painless process. The cord blood is extracted 5 minutes after the birth of a baby. Though i haven't done this, but have read much.
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I think you people are aware of the benefits of cord blood storage. Cord blood preservation is an opportunity to safeguard the life of your baby.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...